Developers Finally reveal Wii U specs + new Zombi U GP

WiiU looks interesting... but sorry Nintento. I didn't buy a big ass HDTV to look at a small screen for half the things I'm going to do. It's just a gimmick that makes it take more effort to do something we already can. Just because it's on another screen doesn't impress me.

An action RPG where you have the screen clear of (m)any visual distractions and can look at the smaller display for details, overhead map, and managing your inventory is a gimmick? Okami HD where you use the celestial brush on the touch screen and watch the effects on the large screen is a gimmick? Fatal Frame where you use the controller as the camera, so you can only see the ghosts while looking through it is a gimmick?

Sure, there will be some terribly gimmicky games with it (but the 360 and PS3 had those before they had their motion controllers too), but there will also be some very good games where the controller set up makes perfect sense. (There's even a chance that Bayonetta 2 will make good use of it, but I'd also prefer if they keep that element out, except for bullet attack and the like if they can't do it very well).

'Next' gen? It's coming out in a few months ... that's current. Not next gen. Next gen is a generation away... this is pretty much current.

the Wii U is Next Gen sorry to say but it is as it has a Power 7 CPu in it it has a 4870 GPU in it that if compared to the PC version fo what ever the 360 uses is 60 GPU newer and 4 generations newer so it is Next generation hardware the current system been out since 2005 and 06

An action RPG where you have the screen clear of (m)any visual distractions and can look at the smaller display for details, overhead map, and managing your inventory is a gimmick? Okami HD where you use the celestial brush on the touch screen and watch the effects on the large screen is a gimmick? Fatal Frame where you use the controller as the camera, so you can only see the ghosts while looking through it is a gimmick?

Sure, there will be some terribly gimmicky games with it (but the 360 and PS3 had those before they had their motion controllers too), but there will also be some very good games where the controller set up makes perfect sense. (There's even a chance that Bayonetta 2 will make good use of it, but I'd also prefer if they keep that element out, except for bullet attack and the like if they can't do it very well).

All add to your comment

How about being able to turn yourself 360 degrees and see what is not shown on the big TV seeing beyond what it rendered on the big screen . Zombie U and Batman AC do this buy using the Wii U GP to scan objects and scan 360 around the game word behind you and in front in all direction without your charector movie on the screen being able to see physicale space beyond the TV is damn cool

I'm not clear what 7 series actually is. Is that 7xx0 series or does it mean something else (since everyone was saying it would have a 4850 equivalent... but at the same time AMD isn't even making those anymore...)

Someone care to explain to me using PPC in consoles? Isn't that the only consumer area that PPC is still being used? Just curious as to the "why" there.

Better power handling and more operations per clock cycle.

Also, since consoles roll out every 5 years, IBM's much slower development cycles than Intel's mean that they're not stuck in the dark ages, like Macs were. With the G3 processors (PPC750), they were briefly well ahead of anything equivalent Intel had, but it took ages for the G4 to come out, and by that time Intel already had the P3 Coppermine, and by the time IBM had the G5 ready, the Pentium M was a world beater (and the G5 wasn't ever viable for mobiles).

either way the Wii U uses a underclocked Power 7 architectur based chip which is light years ahead of IBMs own Power 4 and 5 processors from 2003-2005 so there is no way in any version of Earth the Wii U is slower then the Xbox 360 in pur performance other then clock speed which we all know means Nothing anymore the Wii U P7 is prolly running at 2 ghz and even then would just beat the crap out of anything the 360 could do or the PS3 Cell chip for that matter