Windows 8 is so bad I formatted and went back to __________________________

Seriously, we don't need to see another one of these stories, just keep it to yourself and move on. When you eat at a crappy restaurant, do you regurgitate the food and tell everybody that you went back to yesterdays dinner too?

It was so bad that I reverted back to Windows ME. Then I realized that was also terrible, so I reverted back to this:

#winning

nerd.jpg

I have been searching for this picture for ages! Thank You!

"Windows 8 is so bad I formatted and went back to __________________________"

Punching myself in the balls everytime I hear someone say Vista is better than 7

In certain common scenarios, Vista is better than Windows 7.

Seriously, we don't need to see another one of these stories, just keep it to yourself and move on. When you eat at a crappy restaurant, do you regurgitate the food and tell everybody that you went back to yesterdays dinner too?

I have been searching for this picture for ages! Thank You!

This is sad, because this is actually what I look like at the moment. :(

In certain common scenarios, Vista is better than Windows 7.

Are these scenarios the ones with a room full of people who have never seen a PC before ?

Or a room full of people who have never used Windows 7 ?

No no no, I've got it, it's the scenario where you reinstall windows on a PC that belongs to someone you really really hate.

Withholding my judgement until I install it on real hardware. I know there are ways to bypass the start screen and restore the less ugly theme from the RP now so for me I'll wait until I see how it performs on real hardware.

Are these scenarios the ones with a room full of people who have never seen a PC before ?

Or a room full of people who have never used Windows 7 ?

No no no, I've got it, it's the scenario where you reinstall windows on a PC that belongs to someone you really really hate.

The one scenario that comes up at first is where I have a computer running vista that also has decent specs, that I can't be bothered to buy/install 7 on. Also, um, dreamscene maybe?

More seriously:

Classic start menu

Better quick launch

Cooler looking animations and stuff

Cooler sounds

Search UI

Floating toolbars(to put on the other side of the screen)

OSK is worse in 7

Vista has cool screensavers

Stocks desktop gadget

Dreamscene? How can a resource hog be an advantage? Besides, there's DeskScapes by Stardock for those who want the same thing. Though, I can't see why anyone would want it.

The one scenario that comes up at first is where I have a computer running vista that also has decent specs, that I can't be bothered to buy/install 7 on. Also, um, dreamscene maybe?

More seriously:

Classic start menu

Better quick launch

Cooler looking animations and stuff

Cooler sounds

Search UI

Floating toolbars(to put on the other side of the screen)

OSK is worse in 7

Vista has cool screensavers

Stocks desktop gadget

Classic start menu << Why

Better quick launch << Umm... just no, the entire taskbar in 7 is quicklaunch

Cooler looking animations and stuff << No, unless you are 12

Cooler sounds << Really ?

Search UI << Any window has the search function in 7

Floating toolbars(to put on the other side of the screen) << Needed for what ?

OSK is worse in 7 << Were talking about PCs not tablets

Vista has cool screensavers << Huh? Have you even used 7 ?

Stocks desktop gadget << See above

I think I`m talking to a 12 year old who has never even used windows 7, you would probably have more fun at betaarchive.com

I am not going to bother getting into yet another argument about windows 8 but in regards to Vista. I had to reformat a computer over the weekend and just use a backup of vista on a partition and was surprised at how well it ran, very fluid and snappy on that machine.

I had completely forgot about how it was to live with before windows 7, was never a bad experience for me.........

HOWEVER

Going from windows 7 to vista full time is rediculous enough as it is, but windows 8 to vista? My god man haha

Nothing wrong with using Vista over 7. I skipped 7 on my main PC and stuck with Vista because I just couldn't stand how unpolished Windows 7 seemed from the start. Though I definitely would not consider going back now that I've been running 8 for 3 weeks so far.

On topic, I went back to Windows 7 SP1

Why the hell is everyone bashing this guy for using Vista? Who gives a rat's arse? Put yourself in his shoes: Maybe he's poor or his parents won't let him, maybe he got screwed spending 400 dollars on ultimate and wants to sqeeze every last bit out of it, etc. Jesus. It works for him and he's obviously very happy with his rig. Leave him alone. Everone else posting DOS or Win 9X: Grow up. Act your age, not your shoe size. Windows Vista/7 are very capable OS's and do everything that Windows 8 can do--minus metro of corse. Stop hopping on the trolling bandwaggon. Got a problem with my post? I don't care--unless your an admin/global mod. :angry: