Ubisoft finally ditches always on DRM

Starforce gained a lot of hate for one reason. It actually worked. It was really hard to crack games, cracks usually didn't get released untill long after the game was released, and/or required you to unplug you DVD drives.

It depends on your definition of 'actually worked' I guess. I figure making the games with it unstable was proof enough it didn't.

(And Alcohol 120% worked despite all their efforts so...)

what unstable games. I never had any problems playing any starforce games, legally or not, well not legally starforce games were kind of a bitch back then, until starforce finally got properly broken, but that was long after and not long after that they changed name and redid the whole thing anyway.

again, I saw no proof that starforce added any negative effects to games or computers, only claims that it did. noone ever provided any proof of broken hardware or instability.

The new splinter cell I actually like better than the old ones.

Hell yeah. Chaos Theory and Double Agent were fun but kind of annoying. I keep wanting to finish them and not getting anywhere.

I'm sorry, It seems you guys missed my point - it was about true PC gamers, not console hurrdurrs with 1 min attention spans, who get bored hiding in the shadows after few seconds. :rolleyes:

What does that have to do with anything. I'm saying I like the new spinster cell better than the old ones, it's more fun, interesting and just, better, for me.

However, you also seemed to miss the part where I said I want the old ghost recon and the old real rainbow six games back. Which is the opposite of what you said. Maybe you should pay attention and know what you're talking about before you troll some insults.

Eff yeah, that "killing in motion" sure looks fun and badass, much better than the older pussey Sam Fisher. He's not panther enough in the old games. :rolleyes:

Then Ubisoft wonders why their games don't sell well on the PC. :laugh:

Eff yeah, that "killing in motion" sure looks fun and badass, much better than the older pussey Sam Fisher. He's not panther enough in the old games. :rolleyes:

Then Ubisoft wonders why their games don't sell well on the PC. :laugh:

So you're arguing against their marketing campaign rather than the actual game? OK. Enjoy whatever it is you do.

Marketing campaign? Maxime [r?tard] B?land said just that for Conviction, and guess what, that was exactly what was in the game. This game is supposed to have air strikes. Are you flipping kidding me?

To be honest, at the end of the day, For me at least, I am always connected to the internet. I no longer have a laptop and every game I play it does not matter if i require a network connection or not because its there. When the power goes out , i dont have a computer so it does not matter. And when I did have a laptop, i have a mobile hotspot on my phone that I would use for network access. So once again always connected. Yes these sorts of things are draconian, however, even if you did have a complaint about it. Just buy the game and wait for the hackers to disable the stuff. Use their patches and continue playing the game (because you paid for it)

Marketing campaign? Maxime [r?tard] B?land said just that for Conviction, and guess what, that was exactly what was in the game. This game is supposed to have air strikes. Are you flipping kidding me?

And yet it doesn't, unless you mean something else.

And it doesn't not shock me terribly when game developers market their games.

And yet it doesn't, unless you mean something else.

Not sure what game you have played. Splinter Cell Conviction is one "dudebro" sh`tfest where there is no emphasis on stealth and only on killing and shooting. And because it is difficult for console "gamers" to shoot with a pad, there is even aimbot-like "mark and shoot for me because I cannot into gaming" feature. :rolleyes:

And now in Blacklist, they are introducing air strikes and killing in motion. In a f`cking stealth franchise!

Give me a break, will you, and grow up. Either own up to it that you like pew pew pew action crapfest or just don't post about it.

I don't know who needs to grow up. Us who simply say we like the new one better, or you who keep calling is Console noobs, and saying we are categorically wrong because we like something you don't.

The new one had both stealth and Rambo, you could do either, though the Rambo approach had definite drawbacks. Also I played it on PC. I don't mind stealth gameplay, heck that's how I played the new one. I just thought he old ones where boring, boring story boring game there was nothing making me want to go back and play it.The new one I could barely put down, which is the major problem with it, it was a bit short. but that's about it.

I like all games, Stealth, action, RPG, RTS, shoot em up. but in general when it comes to shoots I actually prefer stealth, and slow tactical shooters. not the unrealistic run in and shoot everything hoping to hit something.

They also seem to be ditching Steam for that Ubishop nonsense...FC3 no longer listed on Gabe's shop, though AC3 is still there. i hope we're not looking at another passive-aggressive EA thing.

Not sure what game you have played. Splinter Cell Conviction is one "dudebro" sh`tfest where there is no emphasis on stealth and only on killing and shooting. And because it is difficult for console "gamers" to shoot with a pad, there is even aimbot-like "mark and shoot for me because I cannot into gaming" feature. :rolleyes:

And now in Blacklist, they are introducing air strikes and killing in motion. In a f`cking stealth franchise!

Give me a break, will you, and grow up. Either own up to it that you like pew pew pew action crapfest or just don't post about it.

I like ALL the Splinter Cell games. When did I say otherwise?

Also, the way you spoke was implying those things were in Conviction, not Blacklist. So, thanks for clearing that up, I guess. Now if only you weren't such an ass about it.