Let's ask neowin to delete the article !

This topic is to ask Neowin to delete the article posted by Owen Williams saying that the OIS sample photos weren't shot with Nokia 920 whereas a photo challenge video on YouTube shows the opposite results ! the article shows nothing but poor journalism which is not what we expect from Neowin.

It's not fair to publish untrue stories about Nokia considering they did a good job !

Article posted on Neowin

https://www.neowin.net/news/nokia-faked-the-lumia-920-pureview-stills-too

Photo challenge video

Instead of posting here, why don't you just message Owen and show him your findings?

He can then research your findings futher and then delete the post if he was wrong, posting like this and putting him on show is just childish man.

Not only that, but I can garentee you will feel <---> that small if he was right the first time :p

• Like 1

Wow, calm down. It would be pretty good for Nokia if they send proof that it is the real deal - "its so good that people think its fake".

The camera appears to be very good, but I personally don't believe this good ?

TBH, the iPhone 5 leaked article is worse and more fake :p

Heck, if Nokia does manage to convince everyone that its real footage, i would be thinking very seriously of leaving my beloved Android OS! :) It is a damn good looking piece of kit tho!

LOL.... techishare - try read this dude.. - http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-19499879

He's talking about the stills, not the OIS video. like the article he linked.

some supposed image analyst claims the still can't be shot with a lumia because extra lightsources are added. except at the wide open shutter, those lightsources will be visible even though they are no on the other "leading smartphone". They could also have used built in lenses to enhance the picture with fill light.

sO the analysts basis is non existent, which a good reporter should have caught and reported on instead of directly lipsyncing him with no analysis of his own.

Also this picture specifically says "shot with a lumia", the OIS video NEVER said it was, it only said it was shot with OIS. which is true for any modern DSLR

I agree, that article should never have been posted. The author was clearly trying to rush out some flamebait which lead to an article full of unsubstantiated claims going up without even asking Nokia to comment. Articles like this reflect really poorly on Neowin.

Instead of posting here, why don't you just message Owen and show him your findings?

He can then research your findings futher and then delete the post if he was wrong, posting like this and putting him on show is just childish man.

Not only that, but I can garentee you will feel <---> that small if he was right the first time :p

Maybe Owen should have done some research before publishing his article ;)

Issues like this should be raised with the editorial team, not spewed onto the forums like so. I'd also point out many articles across the Internet who turn out to be wrong are just appended with a correction notice, not deleted.

That said, thread closed.