How I Met Your Mother (Season 8)

There still is a chance that there will be a twist and its not her, however look back at the beginning of the season, Ted was sitting at that very train stop saying he met her there. It could be her, it could be someone else at that train stop. As far as the wedding not being shown: People would be ****ed if they showed the wedding and not the mother and be ****ed if they show the mother and not the wedding. There is only so much that can be shown in a 30 min spot. They could have done an hour, but we would have much less cliff hangers. Im quite pleased with the so called mother, why do people have to be so judgmental about her, she hasn't even had a line yet haha

There still is a chance that there will be a twist and its not her, however look back at the beginning of the season, Ted was sitting at that very train stop saying he met her there. It could be her, it could be someone else at that train stop. As far as the wedding not being shown: People would be ****ed if they showed the wedding and not the mother and be ****ed if they show the mother and not the wedding. There is only so much that can be shown in a 30 min spot. They could have done an hour, but we would have much less cliff hangers. Im quite pleased with the so called mother, why do people have to be so judgmental about her, she hasn't even had a line yet haha

I don't think they would keep pushing the yellow umbrella through the latter half of the series then throw a monkey wrench and now there is another girl with a yellow umbrella.

I was very disappointed with the last episode. it was just very boring.

I was very disappointed with the last episode. it was just very boring.

Yeah, I had a bit of the same feeling. I think they thought "the reveal" would be enough to sustain the whole episode. When it ended I kind of sat there and thought "That's it?".

Still, it does set up for an interesting final season. I think maybe we've become to expect a little too much out of all season finales. This one wasn't that exciting, but it did what it needed.

• Like 1

I haven't watched for a season or 2 now, the Mother isn't how I pictured though

Me either. It doesn't fit to be honest. Just look at the almost- Mothers. Robin, Victoria, Stella. What do they all have in common? They are all hot. lol.

• Like 1

Victoria was good before going to Germany. I found her pretty fat, after she returned. And Stella wasn't that stellar either.

So Victoria should've stayed in New York. lol. Should've listened to Ted. lol.

Not what I expected - hopefully that lady isn't it. Victoria and Robin have been the best ladies by far (imo)

I'm probably not gonna be able to take the Mother seriously, as the only other show I've seen Cristin Miloti in was 30 Rock...

Still, looking forward to the final season. :) Can't believe I took so long to actually check out this show.

Not what I expected - hopefully that lady isn't it. Victoria and Robin have been the best ladies by far (imo)

I think it is

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler has now confirmed for TVLine that Season 9?s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details ?how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/how-i-met-your-mother-season-9.html

Hmm, that doesn't sound good...

Yeap, thought about it as well and making a full season all around 2-3 days just doesnt scream success. :( I hope they wont ruin the show in it's final season.

Name of the show is 'how I met' not 'how I get married' :p

If we go based on this logic, then why has it taken 7 years to find how who the freaking mother is? Has anyone told a story this long to their kids with so much pointless drivel?
  • Like 1

They will make it work somehow, with throwbacks, mentionings of past events.

I'm guessing each episode will start at the wedding and their conversations with the mother will contain anecdotes that are expanded on with a dream scene etc.