Bye Bye Bugatti

Can't deny that the V is one of the hottest looking cars on the road. I'm proud to have Caddy as an American company.

Hennessey really knows how to stretch the barriers of fast ass cars. What's the top speed of this one?

edit: Looks to be 242mph. Not quite a Veyron killer, but pretty damn impressive regardless.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/09/07/hennessey-unveils-242-mph-cadillac-cts-v-coupe/

Meh...it's a modified car, so not the same as what Bugatti did. If Cadillac themselves produce this car, then that would be a fair comparison. I do love the fenders on this.

I love the look of the Caddys. That thing looks incredible. Do want!

Meh...it's a modified car, so not the same as what Bugatti did. If Cadillac themselves produce this car, then that would be a fair comparison. I do love the fenders on this.

More importantly to John Hennessey, D?rheimer said that the car will be "faster than anything on the market," and he included tuner cars.

its american.... cant handle corners... enough said...

Don't believe everything you watch on Top Gear. American cars really don't deserve that reputation any more. I just got back from the states and spent a day driving around in a Dodge Challenger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi engine - it exceeded all of my expectations and really was a hell of a fun car. Ride quality and handling were impressive.

Anyway - on topic. Maybe in a sprint this will beat the Bugatti.. but that's all it has. The Veyron has build quality this car can only dream of, and I'm willing to bet reliability too... this is a Cadillac (and a very good one.. I'm not taking anything away from it) with performance modifications bolted onto it. The Veyron is more than just a car. Performance is only part of what makes the Veyron so special.

• Like 2

Don't believe everything you watch on Top Gear. American cars really don't deserve that reputation any more. I just got back from the states and spent a day driving around in a Dodge Challenger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi engine - it exceeded all of my expectations and really was a hell of a fun car. Ride quality and handling were impressive.

Anyway - on topic. Maybe in a sprint this will beat the Bugatti.. but that's all it has. The Veyron has build quality this car can only dream of, and I'm willing to bet reliability too... this is a Cadillac (and a very good one.. I'm not taking anything away from it) with performance modifications bolted onto it. The Veyron is more than just a car. Performance is only part of what makes the Veyron so special.

The Veyron has a better 0-60 and 1/4 mile time, but it's pretty darn close. It would probably come down to the driver.

It seems as if a lot of car companies seem to miss whats great about Buggati, it's not just the speed it's the comfort, all of the innovation, hard work and precision engineering all to create the perfect car, when you create a car that has all that makes a Buggati great then I'll be impressed.

• Like 2

Dunno about anyone else but I wouldn't want to be driving a family car that has 1226hp being sent to the rear wheels. The Veyron makes the speed accessible and it totally unfazed by hard acceleration and high speed. I don't know if the same could be said for this. I mean, the Venom GT is an awesome piece of machinery, but good luck taming it on full attack.

Looks nowhere near as nice as the Bugatti. The Veyron has an aura of luxury and class about it. This is only a car of speed.

Exactly, Cadillac interiors compared to even the Veyron's interior makes the Cadillac look like a Scion. Even for a luxury car maker, Cadillac doesn't sport very nice interiors. Plus, all the sharp corners everywhere in their design, just plain meh. But, you just can't argue with the performance of the regular CTS-V.

Saw on Discovery Channel the other day the tests that Bugatti/Michelin made to the tires that Veyron uses; can't explain the amount of engineering, science and crazy testing those tires have, just to make sure that they could sustain the high speeds that Veyron produces; so as you can see, that doesn't come cheap. So next time someone claims that has a better and faster car, remember how much it was invested in investigation for that car.

Looks nowhere near as nice as the Bugatti. The Veyron has an aura of luxury and class about it. This is only a car of speed.

Exactly what I was thinking. It looks like the regular CTS hit the gym and buffed up even more.

Not a fan, sorry.

Exactly, Cadillac interiors compared to even the Veyron's interior makes the Cadillac look like a Scion. Even for a luxury car maker, Cadillac doesn't sport very nice interiors. Plus, all the sharp corners everywhere in their design, just plain meh. But, you just can't argue with the performance of the regular CTS-V.

I beg to differ, Cadillac makes nice luxury interiors

My 1997 Cadillac Eldorado's interior:

wi98pk.jpg

With the greatest respect, even as nice and comfortable a place that looks, there is very little that comes close to the Veyron in terms of the quality of the interior. To quote Top Gear, the indicator stalks are each milled from a single piece of magnesium and cost something like $8,000 EACH....

I'd rather have the cts wagon he's working on. a 1200hp wagon? I'm in.

That just looks like a boring average American muscle cars with some after market body kits, at least the ther Americans like the vette and view have some charm. That thing.. Sure it may have more HP than the Bugatti, but at least the Bugatti got the looks.

And wasn't the Bugatti limited to 1001 for engine rating reasons ?

Exactly what I was thinking. It looks like the regular CTS hit the gym and buffed up even more.

Not a fan, sorry.

Also what happens to that thing when it sees a corner in here distance, never mind having to actually take it...

typical response. Have you ever driven a Cadillac?

yes, too big and I simply have no idea how to drive that car ... (or maybe I am a small guy and very biased .... hell even the fusion is big .. hell my corolla is big ....

looks good, but the american cars cater to a specific market, while I am not part of that, they look ok still, they lack design and function

Edit:

and yes compare cadillac ... to a pure finesse / refined / styled and logically thought out engineered BB ... pfff ... the caddy = horse wagon ....

put a horse to pull it and I would buy it because it is much cooler that way