'300: Rise Of An Empire'

Because it would be silly and confusing to name the sequel to Zack Snyder?s 300, 301 or 300: 2, the follow-up has now been given the official title of 300: Rise of an Empire. Previously, the Noam Murro sequel/spin-off was titled 300: Battle of Artemisia, but perhaps that was too confusing and so we?re now left with this generic title that continues the theme of recent movies (The Dark Knight Rises, Rise of the Guardians, etc). Deadline reports that the Legendary Pictures film will keep its release date of August 2nd, 2013 intact. 300: Rise of an Empire stars Eva Green, Rodrigo Santoro, Sullivan Stapleton and Andrew Tiernan in a story based off of a Frank Miller comic.

http://collider.com/300-rise-of-an-empire-300-sequel/195193/

• 5 months later...

So the reason of the name of 300 is about the 300 Spartans. So what's this 300 do with anything? I thought the story was already told?

So the reason of the name of 300 is about the 300 Spartans. So what's this 300 do with anything? I thought the story was already told?

I guess because the sequel/spin-off was titled 300: Battle of Artemisia. And if it is based on the Spartans, and will share similar themes to the first film, it would make sense to keep some part of the original title to give people the link (Terminator: Salvation). That's the problem when you pick a number for your initial title.

I guess because the sequel/spin-off was titled 300: Battle of Artemisia. And if it is based on the Spartans, and will share similar themes to the first film, it would make sense to keep some part of the original title to give people the link (Terminator: Salvation). That's the problem when you pick a number for your initial title.

Yeah so I guess you can literally say it has nothing to do with the 300 Spartans. lol.

• 1 month later...

I wonder what the run time will be....

2.5 hours with slow mo.

26 mins without slow mo.

:pinch:

I hope they show more slow mo boot buckling. That was thrilling!!

The release of the poster, stills and official site lead us to believe that the trailer for 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE, based on Frank Miller's graphic novel "Xerxes" will be released online very soon. It was shown in a slightly unfinished form at CincemaCon this past week.

Here are some interesting first hand reactions which confirm a throwback to Snyder's visuals for the first film. Crazy sex scenes between Eva Green (Artemisia) and Sullivan Stapleton (Themistocles) are mentioned but are surprising considering they are basically villain and hero fighting on opposite sides in the war. But these scenes strongly point to nudity by Eva Green which should please all the male fans looking forward to the movie.

It also seems Leonidas's (Gerard Butler) character will also be acknowledged via a grave and not unceremoniously ignored like the Joker in The Dark Knight Rises. Gerard Butler chose not to return.

But these scenes strongly point to nudity by Eva Green which should please all the male fans looking forward to the movie.

nxG60m3.jpg

I already saw her nude, multiples of times. Not even Eva Green's perky nipples could save this movie.

• 3 weeks later...
Warner Bros. also pushed 300: Rise Of An Empire from August 2, 2013 to All You Need Is Kill's original release date, March 7, 2014.

:/

• 1 month later...