Nokia scores China

Huang Guoqiang, director of Nokia China has posted in the Chinese microblogging service that the Nokia Lumia 920 TD-SCDMA version will be launching on China Mobile, China?s largest carrier with more than 680 million subscribers, close to 70% of the country?s subscribers.

The support is made possible by the Qualcomm MSM8690/8260A chip which does support China Mobile?s TD-SCDMA standard.

China Mobile has still not decided to offer the iPhone, including the iPhone 5.

Not wanting to be left out, Sun Yi, an executive from China Telecom, with more than 200 million mobile phone subscribers, said while they will not be getting the Nokia Lumia 920 they will in fact be releasing Windows Phone 8 handsets from other OEMs such as HTC and Samsung.

http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-scores-chinas-largest-carrier-for-the-nokia-lumia-920/

• Like 2

Well, I am glad that the Nokia Lumia 920 variation for China Mobile will support TD-SCDMA (3G).

While China Mobile currently sell the Nokia Lumia 900, it only support China Mobile's EDGE/GSM.

With the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 I pretty much lost interest in Apple when it comes to their portable devices. Nokia is looking far more interesting in this department. Plus it's neat to own a product again that looks non-standard and draws people's attention. My Nokia Lumia 900 triggers the same interest as my Apple iPod did back in 2004. It's fun.