Sign in to follow this  

iTunes 11 UI

Geoffrey B.    1,414

found it using the apple software update tool when the itunes update check told me it was the latest version.

MurkWorks    7

Oh, I need to restart my PC. :/ Anyone else get that message?

Same here. When connecting my iPod classic it detected it as new hardware. Had it connected previously with the old version of iTunes.

Jub Fequois    359

Jeez, I was looking forward to this for so long but it's basically the same crap but with a dumb shell on top of it. :( /slitwrist

Jan    402

Windows Screenshots?

nyolc8    158

Oh, I need to restart my PC. :/ Anyone else get that message?

For me it was not needed.

New icon:

It would be nice if it would match with the appstore icon, but it's not matching! (The white icon in the middle don't have the same border) Shame...

f0rk_b0mb    698

Just checked for updates with the Windows Apple Software Update and it's found it. Itunes 11 here I come! :D

Has anybody confirmed if it is a rewrite?

351281588.PNG

It's a rewrite. Streaming music previews from the store are so much faster and it opens in a second. It's awesome. How is this on PC guys?

Jub Fequois    359

Windows Screenshots?

Identical to the OS X version but with fake-Windows min/max/close buttons.

djdanster    594

Argh! They've ruined it for me!!!!!

As you can see from the screenshot below, I like my grid view! Where are the settings to change the album art sizes to large?! Where is the option in preferences to change the background colour to black?! WTF Apple!

307032537.PNG

Emil Valsson    13

Feels very fast on Windows.

F_C    13

Anyone with Windows 8 tried installing it yet?

I couldn't get Itunes 10.7 installed on W8 no matter how hard I tried :(

Aaron Olive    141

Argh! They've ruined it for me!!!!!

As you can see from the screenshot below, I like my grid view! Where are the settings to change the album art sizes to large?! Where is the option in preferences to change the background colour to black?! WTF Apple!

307032537.PNG

This is the same scenario that happened when they launched version 9, they removed it and added it back due to huge request.

kalkal    399

Installed on windows 8 just fine for me.

It does seem to be missing a few old options like album thumbnail size and a left column browser :/

Boo Berry    2,264

Upgraded, went to the playlist view and grid view along with column browser's still there so that's good. Disappointed the area on the bottom left for album art's gone and I can't get rid of the iCloud Download column either.

kalkal    399

Has coverflow been ditched? (not particularly bothered but I just wanted to know)

Shadrack    601

Feels snappy enough on my Windows laptop, but I didn't have any problems with v10 either... The real test (for me) is how well it runs on my wife's kid's Pentium 4... v10 runs ok on that machine, but if there is any real performance difference I will see it on that machine.

Boo Berry    2,264

Here's my iTunes 11 with grid view + column browser...

post-102811-0-63328200-1354215299.png

PGHammer    204

Also, if using Windows Server in Standalone/Workstation mode, iTunes 11 won't bork on you.

As to who would run Windows Server that way, someone using it as a straight Hyper-V Server or as a replacement for the now-dead WHS 2011 (in my case, it's actually both).

I have iTunes 11 (x64, of course) playing my Journey playlist (the "Greatest Hits" CD) while doing a reconfiguration of a Windows 7 Ultimate VM in Hyper-V VM. (Yes. At the same time. And this is on a Q6600 with but 4GB of RAM.)

.Neo    1,834
It would be nice if it would match with the appstore icon, but it's not matching! (The white icon in the middle don't have the same border) Shame...

App Store and iTunes icons did match before iTunes 11. Expect the App Store icon to change as well in a future OS X version.

Boo Berry    2,264

I'm disappointed it's not native 64-bit on Windows though.

DesiSpark    7

can some1 plz share the 32bit ver. windows standalone setup link . if anyone got.

Bizkit    25

can some1 plz share the 32bit ver. windows standalone setup link . if anyone got.

I couldn't find one, but running the software update tool worked for me in win7 32

.Neo    1,834

Can't try it out for myself at the moment, but how does the OS X version "feel"? Is it a real rewrite or basically iTunes 10 with a new interface stuck on top?

HawkMan    5,099

So, can it monitor folders yet. or are we still stuck in 2001 with this crap.

Quillz    883

I'm disappointed it's not native 64-bit on Windows though.

What does not native 64-bit mean? I am installing it on Win8 right now and it seems to be 64-bit.

mattmatik    74

Not bad on Win7x64. Two issues: 1) in order to do ANYTHING productive you have to turn on the menu bar via the top left. Thought they got rid of being able to hide music in the cloud but it is under that menu. 2) not being able to resize thumbnails is a pain in the ass.

I'll have to try it on my MBP later.