2013 Chevy Sonic LT Turbo

So I was going to get a Mazda 3 but I decided to buy American and buy a Chevy Sonic LT Turbo. Its fresh from the factory, I bought it right after they got it off the truck. It has a touch screen radio that can play video and photos, it has a USB port as well.

34xmlo4.jpg

2ci9o9s.jpg

s4swfl.jpg

rkqz38.jpg

287j5ep.jpg

29c1mba.jpg

Isn't the sonic more of a Mazda 2 in size?

Hmmm, maybe, I know chevy makes a smaller car called the Spark. I prefer the looks of the Sonic over the Mazda 2.

Touchscreen radio = loss. With buttons at least you can push them without being too distracted, whereas you need to take your eyes off the road to look at the touchscreen, but these are getting to be popular in every car :( The instrument cluster is truly unique - I personally am not a fan, it just looks like a mess, probably the only thing I hate about this car.

Yeah, Brandon is right. The Spark is in a different class than the Mazda 3. The Cruze is more in line with the Mazda 3, in terms of size, price, etc.

Touchscreen radio = loss. With buttons at least you can push them without being too distracted, whereas you need to take your eyes off the road to look at the touchscreen, but these are getting to be popular in every car :( The instrument cluster is truly unique - I personally am not a fan, it just looks like a mess, probably the only thing I hate about this car.

Yeah, Brandon is right. The Spark is in a different class than the Mazda 3. The Cruze is more in line with the Mazda 3, in terms of size, price, etc.

You can control the radio from the steering wheel. I like the instrument cluster, I like the Fuel gauge a lot better than the traditional gauge and I like how it tells me the quality of my oil. Right now its at 99% when it gets down to about 5% the dealership said i'm suppose to change it.

Please keep us (me!!) up to date what you think of the car. I'm looking at a new car and I'm leaning towards this one. So anything additional you can add about the car would be greatly appreciated!!

Please keep us (me!!) up to date what you think of the car. I'm looking at a new car and I'm leaning towards this one. So anything additional you can add about the car would be greatly appreciated!!

The trunk is really small but if you're not hauling anything and its just mainly you then it shouldn't be a problem. It has auto on lights, you can control certain aspects of the car from the radio, like you can configure from the radio if the car unlocks all the doors or just the drivers side and you can configure it to turn on the rear windshield wiper than you put it in reverse. Its got decent power, its not fast but its quick. The speakers are weak, I'm probably going to put aftermarket speakers in it after a while.

"Turbo" LOL

So it has 50HP with the turbo? :laugh:

Well there are different versions of the car. I didn't say its a sports car. :rolleyes: Besides i'm not a teeny bopper looking to speed anyway.

"Turbo" LOL

It's a marketing advantage. People that don't have any knowledge of engines, or cars for that matter, they hear the word "Turbo" and get all excited.

Bottom line, turbocharge a turd, and it's still a turd.

It's a marketing advantage. People that don't have any knowledge of engines, or cars for that matter, they hear the word "Turbo" and get all excited.

Bottom line, turbo charge a turd, and it's still a turd.

As long as it gets be back and forth to work that's all that matters to me. But I don't think its a turd I could of bought worse.

As long as it gets be back and forth to work that's all that matters to me. But I don't think its a turd I could of bought worse.

I'm not bashing the car itself, I'm merely stating that they use these marketing tactics as a selling point. SS, turbo, super-charged, gt, etc. These and words and acronyms used to mean something back in the day, today they're used mostly to entice the buyer into a sale.

The trunk is really small but if you're not hauling anything and its just mainly you then it shouldn't be a problem. It has auto on lights, you can control certain aspects of the car from the radio, like you can configure from the radio if the car unlocks all the doors or just the drivers side and you can configure it to turn on the rear windshield wiper than you put it in reverse. Its got decent power, its not fast but its quick. The speakers are weak, I'm probably going to put aftermarket speakers in it after a while.

Do you have kids? Would two car seats fit in the back comfortably?

Do you have kids? Would two car seats fit in the back comfortably?

I don't have any sorry, You might wanna take a trip down to your local dealership and check on that. Its a small car so, They do make a sedan version of the Sonic, it might be bigger in back, not sure but if you're considering one id definitely go down to the dealership and check on the car seat room.

affyhz.jpg

2wp1g7l.jpg

Isn't the sonic more of a Mazda 2 in size?

Its slightly larger than a 2 but still smaller than a 3.

"Turbo" LOL

You will see more of this. A turbo uses less fuel to achieve the same power. That's why a MazdaSpeed3 has a 4 cyl turbo and beats a v6 while still having better gas mileage. The car actually has 138 HP which is a lot for the size it is. While it isn't something worth racing, it certainly isn't a slow car for what it is. The Mazda2, which you would compare this too, costs more and only has a 100 hp engine. I would say this care is a better buy(and I am a Mazda fanboy).
  • Like 1

Its slightly larger than a 2 but still smaller than a 3.

You will see more of this. A turbo uses less fuel to achieve the same power. That's why a MazdaSpeed3 has a 4 cyl turbo and beats a v6 while still having better gas mileage.

Yep and its a little quicker than then non turbo'd version but that's nothing to brag about. This is my daily commuter so i'm all about the fuel economy with this one. I have a 2005 dodge ram that eats me up in gas so I'm gonna be driving this more often.

Yep and its a little quicker than then non turbo'd version but that's nothing to brag about. This is my daily commuter so i'm all about the fuel economy with this one. I have a 2005 dodge ram that eats me up in gas so I'm gonna be driving this more often.

I wouldnt mind seeing some more of the stuff in the display. Mazda3's can come with a display that shows average mpg, navigation, and a few other things. What does that have built in?

I wouldnt mind seeing some more of the stuff in the display. Mazda3's can come with a display that shows average mpg, navigation, and a few other things. What does that have built in?

Ok i'll take some pics, Still new to it so I have to figure out how to get them all lol.