Bates Motel

gkco8.jpg

Following the news from a few weeks ago that actress Vera Farmiga (The Departed) had been cast as Norman Bates' controlling mother, Norma, for A&E's Bates Motel - a Psycho prequel series focusing on the formative years of future killer Norman Bates - comes cool news of the casting of Norman himself! - via TVGuide.com

After what TVGuide.com's William Keck called an "exhaustive" search, Freddie Highmore (Finding Neverland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) has landed the role of a younger version of Norman, a role made famous by Anthony Perkins in Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 classic, Psycho.

Ex-Lost EP/Showrunner Carlton Cuse is currently the EP/runner of Bates Motel, which will begin production of its 10 episode order in 2013.

[x]

• 2 months later...

Ugh... the music in those teaser irritates me so much. That type of score is seriously getting tiring, it's in nearly every damn trailer. It's like every movie wants to have Hans Zimmers Inception score... which I didn't even like in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have yet to watch this, heard it was really good. What's everyones thoughts, is it worth watching?

It's really good, it's going to get a cult following I feel really soon

This is the first I've heard of it. From looking at the youtube videos on page one, I'll take the Bate ;).

So I've just finished watching episode 2. Very good so far. Looks like a keeper on my "watch list". I certainly like the women so far in it :yes: