Verizon did let me keep my Unlimited Data Plan with my IPhone 5 Preorder&#3

The Catch 22 is that you have to Pay Full Price (Month to Month) in order to do so! After a $649.99 16 GB White IPhone 5 Pre-Order + $99 for Apple Care Plus + Approx $50 for State of IL Sales Tax the Total Cost of the Apple IPhone 5 is almost a Whopping $800.00! Just FYI.

$650 mobile phone. Apple are a bunch of psychos! What a colossal ripoff.

I don't know under what rock you have been hiding, but that is about the general price for all unsubsidized phones with no contracts.

The Galaxy S3 no contract price is $600.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/4072/20120914/iphone-5-price-apples-new-smartphone-compares.htm

• Like 2

Pre-ordered iPhone 5 with no lock in contracts through my provider for a whopping $168 for a black 64gb :) happy days

Now where can I prepare my purchase for a nice case and screen protector for it?

I don't know under what rock you have been hiding, but that is about the general price for all unsubsidized phones with no contracts.

http://www.latinospo...ne-compares.htm

I was in Bulgaria. And if you pay more for a something to make phone calls than for a laptop, you need your head examined.

I wonder why Apple decided to not do simultaneous voice/data with the CDMA/LTE iPhone? That seems kind of stupid.

They went cheap on the antenna. Like they don't make enough on the phones already . . .

God forbid paying full price for anything these days. You really think that these high end phones are 'free' or '$100'? They are subsidised.

Indeed

Its been known for awhile now that verizon was going to move away from their unlimited data plan to a limited shared plan. Which is why most people should have used up their upgrades in the spring before the switch happened. If you had done it then you had the choice to keep the old plan or move onto the new shared plans. Which are a horrible deal compared to the old plans. My plan, which has unlimited data is only $64 after my work discount. The most basic and lowest priced "new" plan is $100 a month. The diference being the new plan has unlimited talk(which i would never use) vs Unlimited data on the old plan(which i do use). So if i sign a new contract i basically am paying $40 a month more just so i can have a data limit to worry about, just so i can get a new phone at a cheaper price.

So, $40 more a month for 24 months for the plan alone is $960. So now we are pushing a minimum of $1,000 more in total cost just to upgrade your phone because you need to use the new plan. Thats just in the plan, this is before you add in the price of the phone you are buying with its lower cost of $200-300 more. So now you are up over $1,200 in extra cost for the lifetime of the contract because you wanted the phone at a lower upfront cost.

Or, i can continue to pay my $64 a month plan on my old contract with no extra fees or data limits and buy my phone straight up for $600-700. So you are paying nearly twice as much just to upgrade your phone by signing a new contract, and thats the bare minimum contract at that. Now you also have an extremely low data limit to worry about as well. Now i understand that most dont get a deal on their plan like i do, but plenty of people get some sort of discount through work, and even then most plans are only around the $100 mark as is on the old plans, but those are without a data limit.

For your guys information: I am NOT up for Renewal for a new 2 year contract with Verizon for both my IPhone 4S and my Verizon 4G LTE USB Modem until 2013 at the earliest. I should also NOTE that this Pre-Order was directly from Apple.com so I do NOT like all of the NEGATIVE COMMENTS like YOU JUST GOT RAPED and so on. I should also NOTE that Verizon is a WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN AT&T at Cell Phone RECEPTION as I PREVIOUSLY HAD AT&T and My Mom previously had Sprint (Her Company Work Phone) and both of their services were horrible! Just FYI!

Pre-ordered iPhone 5 with no lock in contracts through my provider for a whopping $168 for a black 64gb :) happy days

Now where can I prepare my purchase for a nice case and screen protector for it?

$168 for 64gb iPhone 5 unlocked how?? ooo!

P.S. I also am Low Income and would NOT be able to afford my Cell Phone Bill if I added another Line to my Existing Service. As it is: I had to Apply for No Payments for 6 Months Financing though Bill Me Later DOT Com in order to even afford this Verizon Wireless Apple IPhone 5 by the way! Just FYI!

I wonder why Apple decided to not do simultaneous voice/data with the CDMA/LTE iPhone? That seems kind of stupid.

http://www.anandtech...e-svdo-support-

P.S. I also am Low Income and would NOT be able to afford my Cell Phone Bill if I added another Line to my Existing Service. As it is: I had to Apply for No Payments for 6 Months Financing though Bill Me Later DOT Com in order to even afford this Verizon Wireless Apple IPhone 5 by the way! Just FYI!

And if you are that poor why would you blow that much money that you can't really afford?

For your guys information: I am NOT up for Renewal for a new 2 year contract with Verizon for both my IPhone 4S and my Verizon 4G LTE USB Modem until 2013 at the earliest. I should also NOTE that this Pre-Order was directly from Apple.com so I do NOT like all of the NEGATIVE COMMENTS like YOU JUST GOT RAPED and so on. I should also NOTE that Verizon is a WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN AT&T at Cell Phone RECEPTION as I PREVIOUSLY HAD AT&T and My Mom previously had Sprint (Her Company Work Phone) and both of their services were horrible! Just FYI!

No disrespect but you have a iPhone 4S, and your contract could of been up in a few months but you still went and spent that much money any way :| You must have some serious money to burn, quite a bit crazy because the iPhone 5 isn't that much of an upgrade over the iPhone 4S. :/

I should also NOTE that there is a Reason why AT&T is Rated the WORST CELL PHONE PROVIDER in the U.S.A. When I was with AT&T: I had to be on the Second Floor of my House in Order to Make or Receive Any Phone Calls! Also I had NO Signal at all in Areas like Schaumburg, iL and so on! Get my Drift?

05/19/2013 is NOT just a couple of months away Mr. Previous Poster! Verizon Wireless now only allows you to get a New Phone every 20 Month's out of your 2 Year Contract! Not only did I have to pay Full Price for my IPhone 5, I had to pay Full Price for my IPhone 4S as well! Just FYI!

Ok, so you can't wait for the newest tech, what are you complaining about. No one forced you to pay those high prices and then you gripe about it when people make remarks. Or are you just showing off and when people didn't go ohhh, ahhh, you decide to get bent out of shape. Pay what you want and play with your toys anyway you want!

cheers :martini:

I refuse to pay that much money for the new iPhone. That is totally ridiculous. The only difference between the iPhone 4S I have and the new iPhone 5 is:

1. Taller screen (LOL - 0.5 inches taller - LOL....)

2. It has 4G LTE

The processor is 2x faster than mine - another "ok".

I don't think so.

God forbid paying full price for anything these days. You really think that these high end phones are 'free' or '$100'? They are subsidised.

They have stated that the iPhone 5 only costs $ 167 in parts for apple to make... So almost...

Sorry sorce

http://www.cultofmac.com/190822/the-iphone-5-only-costs-apple-168-for-the-parts/

http://www.latinospo...ne-compares.htm

and it is bigger, faster, and more innovative. no problems with letterboxing and can simultaneously do data and voice.

They have stated that the iPhone 5 only costs $ 167 in parts for apple to make... So almost...

Sorry sorce

http://www.cultofmac...-for-the-parts/

These part breakdowns are worthless as Apple still had to spend money developing the phone, negotiating contracts with carriers (which in some cases meant flying around the world to meet with people in person) the phone uses over 20,000 patents many of which Apple has to license then they need to have the phone tested for safety in USA, Europe and Asia then they have to actually build them and ship them around the planet and offer support to users too. There are a lot of costs involved in a product like this beyond just a part break down.

Now I'm not accusing you of not knowing this obviously you do I'm just mentioning it for other people who may comment on the $167 part cost and go off on a rant about it.

I'm sorry, but any sympathy I may have had regarding your situation was completely destroyed by this post. If you don't have the money, don't buy it. You had a previous iPhone model and you wanted to get the latest and greatest gadget. I get that, I was the same with my Galaxy S III. The difference is that I checked my balance and where my money was going and I realised that I could afford to buy it.

The latest a greatest devices are fun to play with, but only if you can afford to do so.

• Like 3