JQuery Slideshow problem

Question

I need to build a gallery with a slider at the bottom of thumbnails but I also need to be able so that if you click the images you dont get larger ones unless its in a controlled way. I also need it so that I can disable the right click on the image. Anyone know of any examples or samples? Thanks.

ex. website

4 answers to this question

Maybe but the client is always right.

It's like building a security system calling the cop only after the robbers left the building.

One client may ask for such a system. I highly doubt a company will build it.

For an easy jQuery slider, try Nivo Slider... it's pretty customisable, free, and you can build it to use thumbnails too - I will add there is a pretty extensive list of jQuery sliders out there for you to pick from if you want something else though. Please build on "...unless it's in a controlled way" because I don't understand; what are you trying to achieve when the user clicks a slider image?

For disabling right click... I will answer this but first I will say this: my take on this is the same as nub's; it's a complete, utter waste of time; everyone in 2012 knows that if you want to save an image quickly you can drag it from the page to your desktop, some other folder or even the browser address bar and hey presto! You have the image. It screams "amateur hour" and no website worth anybody's time does it. Really, I can't admonish you of this "requirement" enough. How do you disable right click? See this jsfiddle example.