Wii U preorder?

Got lucky enough to snag a deluxe before they sold out on Walmart.com

WiiU_Deluxe-WALMART.png

Also have a basic preordered through GameStop as that is what I got first. Will see if I hold onto it.

I want to order the Deluxe version, but every place I tried sold out.

Local GameStop said the deluxe ran out of pre-orders for them in two days.

yeah, I would of gotten the deluxe one, only problem was no one had it in stock... saw it on gamestop the other day available but I debated to long and lost out on that one

Also have a basic preordered through GameStop as that is what I got first. Will see if I hold onto it.

walmart still had them today when I looked but it was some $600 set you had to pick all this extra stuff to get... ugh hate package sales like that

edit: just looked now they are down to the regular system bundle for $400

I missed my shot, Dirty Larry emailed me about it... I slept on it... and sure enough deluxe was gone by the time I went to pre-order. I dont need to have it on release day but I just dont want to wait until January either. It appears Amazon hasnt listed any yet, hopefully I can get it on that when it goes live.

wonder how much stock stores are holding back for holiday sales, or is this pre-order it for the end of the year

WiiU_Deluxe-WALMART.png

probably can sell it for more money and pay off part of your deluxe system :rofl: When the XBOX360 came out I ended up with two of them, sold one and sadly it paid for my other one.... that's how in demand they where at the time

walmart still had them today when I looked but it was some $600 set you had to pick all this extra stuff to get... ugh hate package sales like that

edit: just looked now they are down to the regular system bundle for $400

That is pretty damn suspect of them IMO. Last night they no longer had the bundle, it was saying would ship on 12/31, now they have it again but only in bundle? Pretty messed up.

I missed my shot, Dirty Larry emailed me about it... I slept on it... and sure enough deluxe was gone by the time I went to pre-order. I dont need to have it on release day but I just dont want to wait until January either. It appears Amazon hasnt listed any yet, hopefully I can get it on that when it goes live.

Yeah I tried man. It was kind of late when I emailed you though in your defense.

wonder how much stock stores are holding back for holiday sales, or is this pre-order it for the end of the year

probably can sell it for more money and pay off part of your deluxe system :rofl: When the XBOX360 came out I ended up with two of them, sold one and sadly it paid for my other one.... that's how in demand they where at the time

When I preordered it it said it would ship on 10/18, when I checked the next day it said 12/31, so really hoping I got the initial 10/18 one.

post-34384-0-69467000-1348008167_thumb.j

I also paid for expedited shipping to get it by that Friday as well, the 23rd.

With that said, the uncertainty is why I am definitely holding on to the basic preorder from GameStop for now though, as their site is a bit iffy about the details, but as you can see above the fact my email receipt even says I should have it that week makes me hopeful they will do the right thing.

Another reason to hold on to the basic preorder is as you said, I might be able to sell it for a few extra bucks. I hate to be one of those people, but if their is demand, I can supply is the way I see it. :D No doubt not the coolest of things to do, but if I can pay for some of my deluxe, then I shall do so. Nothing wrong with that. Especially if I do not charge an outrageous markup, if the Basics are hard to get as well, I figure I should have no issues getting rid of it.

That is pretty damn suspect of them IMO. Last night they no longer had the bundle, it was saying would ship on 12/31, now they have it again but only in bundle? Pretty messed up.

Yeah I tried man. It was kind of late when I emailed you though in your defense.

When I preordered it it said it would ship on 10/18, when I checked the next day it said 12/31, so really hoping I got the initial 10/18 one.

post-34384-0-69467000-1348008167_thumb.j

Another reason to hold on to the basic preorder is as you said, I might be able to sell it for a few extra bucks. I hate to be one of those people, but if their is demand, I can supply is the way I see it. :D No doubt not the coolest of things to do, but if I can pay for some of my deluxe, then I shall do so. Nothing wrong with that. Especially if I do not charge an outrageous markup, if the Basics are hard to get as well, I figure I should have no issues getting rid of it.

Screw that, mark it up as high as people are willing to pay. Why should you not be able to take advantage of the supply/demand. When the wii fit was the hot item, I picked up 3 or 4 and sold them on Craigslist. Paid for mine and a bit extra, I'm not forcing anyone to pay the higher price but that was market value at the time.

Yeah I got the deluxe. My gamestop was letting you place $50 down on some random game with notes to move it over as soon as they could.

So you were able to get a deluxe today from GameStop, or was this when it was first announced? I ask as I was under the impression you could no longer get the deluxe with a preorder from them. I know a few people interested in doing so, myself included as I would love to change my Basic preorder to a Deluxe one.

Still deciding on what to do with my Wii and PS3 before I preorder or buy after release date.

I use my PS3 more than any other console, so for myself it was not ever an option to sell it, but with that said I do recommend keeping the PS3. At the very least it is a great BluRay / Media player, but it still has quite a few good first party games coming out such as The Last Of Us & Beyond (David Cage's new game, he is who made Heavy Rain, a new God Of War title, a few decent looking PSN exclusives like Rain, so yeah, I really recommend keeping the PS3 just from a gaming stand point.

I found out today I was able to sell my modded Wii for $100 cash, so that is nice. Also almost definitely going to do a garage sale as well of some stuff I am pretty sure I can sell based on a conversation I had with jerzdawg in regards to a Garage Sale he threw himself (me and him are friends irl and actually live in the same town), so selling my Wii+Garage Sale+ The couple of extra bucks I may be able to make selling my basic preorder, and I should have the WiiU totally paid off for plus maybe even a few games.

I am really looking forward to the WiiU now that everything is falling into place money wise. Fortunately I can afford it out right, but I absolutely recognize the face it is not something I need, just something I want, so I just feel a bit more responsible getting money from other places besides my income to pay for it. :laugh:

So you were able to get a deluxe today from GameStop, or was this when it was first announced? I ask as I was under the impression you could no longer get the deluxe with a preorder from them. I know a few people interested in doing so, myself included as I would love to change my Basic preorder to a Deluxe one.

Not exactly, they had him pre-order a game and they going to try to "switch" the game pre-order to a deluxe after (since the money will be in the system), there still a chance this falls through.

Not exactly, they had him pre-order a game and they going to try to "switch" the game pre-order to a deluxe after (since the money will be in the system), there still a chance this falls through.

Ahh I see, the old Gamestop switcheroo, that is how they talked me into getting the Basic. So yeah, he might not have it at all. Got it now.

• 1 month later...

well my Wii U already shipped... although the weight of the box is odd, they are claiming the shipping weight is a whole 2.4 lbs... seriously? 2.4 lbs?

A curiosity, it comes out on Sunday right - do US delivery companies deliver on Sundays?

to add some more what the to it, I also ordered a new MS Ergonomic 4000 keyboard from Newegg and its shipping weight is 5 lbs.. a keyboard weights more then a gaming system with a screen? :rofl:

they've had the Wii U on display at my local GameStop for a couple weeks now, and I can say from personally checking it out that the tablet controller feels almost weightless, maybe half to three quarters of a pound in just itself

plus, the current model Wii isn't very heavy ether

so I'd say it's believable that the console and controller together weigh about two and a half pounds

well my Wii U already shipped... although the weight of the box is odd, they are claiming the shipping weight is a whole 2.4 lbs... seriously? 2.4 lbs?

UPS is reporting 9.30lbs for my package and it's only the Wii U premium edition in the box.

The Wii U machine itself weighs 1.5KG, which is already more than 2 and half pounds. Then you have almost 500 grams for the controller so you're upto 2KG, and then you have too add the power bricks for both the controller and the console, and then the packaging the rather weighty instruction manual. I'd say the package as a whole easily goes over 3KG... so yeah, there's something up with that shipping weight :p

The Wii U machine itself weighs 1.5KG, which is already more than 2 and half pounds. Then you have almost 500 grams for the controller so you're upto 2KG, and then you have too add the power bricks for both the controller and the console, and then the packaging the rather weighty instruction manual. I'd say the package as a whole easily goes over 3KG... so yeah, there's something up with that shipping weight :p

haha right, i didn't think about the power bricks and that :rofl:

maybe they reported the wrong weight to UPS :laugh: I've seen people try that in the past to get around shipping costs, not realizing UPS weighs everything as it goes through the system then sends you a bill later.. I've had computes before come from Dell that are listed at 15 lbs when the box weighs 30.. never got why they do that