Car Keyed today

In a two way parking lane, with stalls aligned for the side it was according to the flow of traffic, I approached a car backing out and took the space after the car left. There had been a car waiting facing the opposite direction and became angry for my taking the stall. I pointed out to her that there was a stall just a few stalls up from her, that she was facing the wrong way. She said she didn't car, and called me an *******. I walked into the store and when I went out one of two ladies who saw the incident said that the irate lady keyed my car and she saw her do it. I saw the damage and called the police. I waited with the ladies and when the irate lady came out of the store I asked why she keyed my car. She said she didn't. I told her I had a witness and that I called the police. I got a picture of her license plate and called my insurance to make a claim. The lady was charged with Criminal Property Damage 3, a misdemeanor. The officer said that I could have her taken to jail, but they didn't want to because there was a child. Yeah the lady keyed my car while holding her daughter's hand. I agreed with the police officer. He assured me that this will go to the Prosecutor's office and a court date would be set. Problem was that I heard him tell his supervisor that I had said not to take her to jail. I pointed out to him it wasn't me but I wasn't pressing the issue of her going to jail. He asked me to put that on the police report. I wish I had her taken to jail. It was her fault not mine.

What should happen is that my insurance will contact her insurance to determine liability, then I shouldn't have to pay. Otherwise there is my policy with a deductible. :|

Wow that really sucks and some people can be totally douchey about parking spots... damn bitch should have just parked a few spots over.... and not went bat **** crazy and keyed your car.... sickening that she had a child with her when she did that... that's a bad example for the child and she should go to jail.

In a two way parking lane, with stalls aligned for the side it was according to the flow of traffic, I approached a car backing out and took the space after the car left. There had been a car waiting facing the opposite direction and became angry for my taking the stall. I pointed out to her that there was a stall just a few stalls up from her, that she was facing the wrong way. She said she didn't car, and called me an *******. I walked into the store and when I went out one of two ladies who saw the incident said that the irate lady keyed my car and she saw her do it. I saw the damage and called the police. I waited with the ladies and when the irate lady came out of the store I asked why she keyed my car. She said she didn't. I told her I had a witness and that I called the police. I got a picture of her license plate and called my insurance to make a claim. The lady was charged with Criminal Property Damage 3, a misdemeanor. The officer said that I could have her taken to jail, but they didn't want to because there was a child. Yeah the lady keyed my car while holding her daughter's hand. I agreed with the police officer. He assured me that this will go to the Prosecutor's office and a court date would be set. Problem was that I heard him tell his supervisor that I had said not to take her to jail. I pointed out to him it wasn't me but I wasn't pressing the issue of her going to jail. He asked me to put that on the police report. I wish I had her taken to jail. It was her fault not mine.

What should happen is that my insurance will contact her insurance to determine liability, then I shouldn't have to pay. Otherwise there is my policy with a deductible. :|

And had you used basic courtesy, none of this would have happened.

Tell me, in a two way parking, stalls angled with the flow in either direction, who should have used basic courtesy? I took the stall on my side with the flow of traffic. She was wanting to cross that flow instead of just moving up a few stalls and park. Please use common sense when you post.

Regardless, that's no excuse for wilful property damage. The women should pay for the damage, end of story. Does your insurance policy include legal cover? In which case you can sue her for the damage, surely?

I'm not sure what state Turion is in, but that so called 'basic courtesy' you suggest he uses could very well be illegal for that woman to park facing the traffic. A quick google suggests its illegal in several states to park the car in such ways, and as such parking facing the traffic could be deemed as a dangerous act that would put the childs life at risk.

So, basic courtesy or not the OP here parked with in ANY highway law and the woman caused criminal damage to his property.

^ Exactly, Criminal Property Damage. She was upset over the stall it gave her no right to damage my car.

I have coverage that would cover me even if I didn't have a witness. I'd be paying the deductible though. There is no need for legal coverage in a No Fault state. Her insurance company just needs to recognize the criminal charge and accept liability. They will likely fight it. But with witness it will be hard to dispute. If I get the damage repaired now, I pay out of pocket for the deductible. I'm waiting to talk to the adjuster.

• Like 2

I would have done same thing as you

Really gets on my nerves when people drive up car parks the wrong way

Is it really that hard to follow the arrows?

Maybe she is one of the members that dont like your jokes lmao

You're lucky to live in the US here. If that incident happened in England the police wouldn't even bother showing up. My other half witnessed a customer threaten to kill one of her colleagues at work and nobody did anything.

Maybe she is one of the members that dont like your jokes lmao

So harsh >?<

I commend your joke though. 4/10 warwagons

This sort of thing really annoys me, I'm glad you have a witness and it will be sorted out, all too often that isn't the case. I've had my car for seven years and in that time I've found all sorts of scratches on it from shopping cart trolleys etc, and had two sets of mist lamps stolen of it, when I replaced them with mist caps (spray painted myself) I found out one has been stolen earlier this week. Also had one side of my grill stolen of it a few months ago.

The people that do this, if I ever caught them theres no telling what I'd do. Makes my blood boil :angry: Stay the **** away from my property, basically.

• Like 2

...and had two sets of mist lamps stolen of it, when I replaced them with mist caps (spray painted myself) I found out one has been stolen earlier this week. Also had one side of my grill stolen of it a few months ago.

Not to make fun of your situation but sounds like someone is slowly building a car out of your parts :/

I had someone draw a bit S on the bonnet of my car and key down the side. They wrote SLAG or SLUT on the side of my friends, she was not amused, even though now I see the truth in it (she is no longer a friend).

Heh, that's what Redmak said :p

lmao

backup to the thread; OP that sure sucks. Once i had an accident (not my fault), called the cops but they took so long (3 hours; the police station was 5 minutes away) that the kid that hit my car runway. By the time the cops showed up they said that i could press charges against the kid, but i was my word against the kids and had no witnesses except my wife (which was not an impartial witness). Called the insurance company and they basically said that in those cases i *MUST* have witnesses. yeah, it pays off to be a total jerk in my country.

Reminds me of the time I saw a woman knock my wing mirror off in a car park. I saw her do it (was walking back to my car), she continued to try and park (took her 3 or 4 attempts to straighten up into the bay), and when finished she took a look at my wing mirror, glanced around the car park and then just shrugged her shoulders and walked off!

Needless to say her car was also wing mirror-less by the time she returned.

Personally, I would have had the woman taken to jail. Just because there is a child does not make her any different than one who does not. People act like the child would be devastated and need therapy afterwards. When in fact, the child would be shown that there are consequences to your actions....it's called responsibility for ones own actions.....a vital lesson missing in today's society.

• Like 3

Personally, I would have had the woman taken to jail. Just because there is a child does not make her any different than one who does not. People act like the child would be devastated and need therapy afterwards. When in fact, the child would be shown that there are consequences to your actions....it's called responsibility for ones own actions.....a vital lesson missing in today's society.

+12233443

I stated to the cop that I wanted her arrested. I got screwed out if that by the cop. Being the better person I agreed. In hidesight though I feel I should have press the issue.

@neobond

I have had all kinds of crap happen over the years as well. I made some mistakes too. It does bother me as when people do the crap like break into your car to steal CDs and loose change.

If I didn't have a witness I would have keyed up her car. But wouldn't have seen it as it was on the passenger side.