Car Keyed today

So sorry that had to happen, but at the same time, I'm glad you had people who were willing to come forward as witnesses. As far as the lady is concerned, it'll come back around to get her, because what goes around comes around. Nobody deserves anything like that, I mean after all, it's just a parking spot, nothing that was life or death, you know? Hope the hammer of justice comes down hard on her, but most importantly, she should've learned a lesson: even when you don't think anyone's looking, most of the time, there's always someone watching!. (Y)

Look if she is paying rent or a pass on that particular parking spot then I see her heightened frustration, however this is totally and completely not the case so she has no right to even get mad at someone else ever....

The spots were angled and not perpendicular?

I'll give women more of a pass on keying stuff than guys, because it is girly. Men know that you don't **** with another man's automobile under pain of death, or castration.

The story through me off when you say stalls, Are stalls parking spaces? Anyway getting your car keyed sucks. If you don't fix it, it leaves rust lines all up and down the car if not fixed right away. People are ignorant, who cares about a parking space, a parking space is not worth keying a car over and its definitely not worth getting in trouble by the cops either. Stupid lady is stupid.

• Like 2

That's just BS (on her part, not yours). I never understood this obsession with having to park so frakking close to a store or restaurant or...even funnier...the gym! Hell, I see people every morning at my gym clamoring for front spaces when there's 3/4 an open parking lot not 20 steps away. I just really don't understand it at all.

When I go to big shopping parks or other places with big lots I usually park far away. One, its so much easier to get out of there. Two, it lessens the occurance of some douchebag banging your car or getting irate over something stupid. And three, nothing wrong with a stroll.

And yeah, when parking lots have the direction arrows...FOLLOW THEM. I love watching people trying to puppet their car into some angled spot. Forward, reverse, turn the wheel, forward, reverse, turn some more. WTF? And who cares if she had a kid? If anything, I'd have called her out for her crap parenting skills (and yes, I speak as a parent). And for her to not own up to her actions...well, not much more needs to be said about that person.

If someone keyed my car, I would key their face.

And you'd probably go to jail. In situations like these its best to stay level headed and let the woman get in trouble with the law, not you.

That's just BS (on her part, not yours). I never understood this obsession with having to park so frakking close to a store or restaurant or...even funnier...the gym! Hell, I see people every morning at my gym clamoring for front spaces when there's 3/4 an open parking lot not 20 steps away. I just really don't understand it at all.

When I go to big shopping parks or other places with big lots I usually park far away. One, its so much easier to get out of there. Two, it lessens the occurance of some douchebag banging your car or getting irate over something stupid. And three, nothing wrong with a stroll.

Yep, noticed the same. Sometimes if the weather is really crappy, I'll try to get a close spot. But, most of the times, it's usually a far away spot. I also hate when I take said far away spot, people then proceed to park next to me. Don't want too much attention on my car! Someone scratched my car when I went to a store! That is not cool. I also saw a hit and run a few weeks ago. An Audi driver hit and scratched an SUV. The guy in the Audi just sat there - he was making a decision until he decided to floor it. Luckily I got the plates, and reported him to the police. Doesn't matter what car you have, respect each other's car.

And yeah, when parking lots have the direction arrows...FOLLOW THEM. I love watching people trying to puppet their car into some angled spot. Forward, reverse, turn the wheel, forward, reverse, turn some more. WTF? And who cares if she had a kid? If anything, I'd have called her out for her crap parenting skills (and yes, I speak as a parent). And for her to not own up to her actions...well, not much more needs to be said about that person.

I wonder why people do that as well. I've seen people wait like 4 minutes for a spot to open up, when all they had to do was drive 10 feet further for an open space. People I guess just love to waste time when they think they are saving themselves some effort of 10 steps.

I normally park in the back of areas as well, for the reasons you listed. It's a lot less likely for something to happen to your car when nothing else is really around it. It also makes it more obvious to others if anything is happening, as your car is more visable.

And you'd probably go to jail. In situations like these its best to stay level headed and let the woman get in trouble with the law, not you.

and if I did the same as the OP the Police wouldn't even bother to show up.

at least you caught them.

in the time that we have lived in the house we now live in, my wife's car has had all 4 tires slashed on two seperate occasions as well as a third occasion in which just 2 tired had been slashed. both of hour vehicles have also had eggs thrown at them during hot weather (allowing the egg to "bake" on) which is VERY difficult to remove and My truck had 30 gallons (113.5 Liters) stolen (which cost me over $100) as well as both cars being keyed.

All of that over the course of little over a year. and We have never caught the people doing it. and we cannot see the vehicles from our house otherwise i would setup a 24/7 camera.

at least you caught them.

in the time that we have lived in the house we now live in, my wife's car has had all 4 tires slashed on two seperate occasions as well as a third occasion in which just 2 tired had been slashed. both of hour vehicles have also had eggs thrown at them during hot weather (allowing the egg to "bake" on) which is VERY difficult to remove and My truck had 30 gallons (113.5 Liters) stolen (which cost me over $100) as well as both cars being keyed.

All of that over the course of little over a year. and We have never caught the people doing it. and we cannot see the vehicles from our house otherwise i would setup a 24/7 camera.

Set up a USB camera(s) in the car/truck running from ciggy lighter socket > wifi

My car has been getting dinged a lot lately, due to me living at my business and sharing a parking lot with a daycare that rents their place from me. This month I finally started to take measures against the people who keep "parking" near my car, telling them to park correctly and stop parking near my car, as it is in an area that no one else should be going near. They all look at me at first like I'm some ******* who can't tell them what to do. They don't like me after I tell them if they don't park correctly, they will be banned from the property completely, and that the daycare they are there for, is part of my property. It's now been a lot better since I started that, but people have ZERO consideration for others and only think/do what will make THEIR task easier.

Moral of the story: Don't take peoples parking spaces if they were waiting first, regardless of which direction they are pointing

If the person is facing the wrong way then they have no right to the spot. Keying his car shows how low that witch was and should pay the consiquences. having a kid around is no excuse. the kid would learn that no crime goes left unpunished.

The spots were angled and not perpendicular?

I'll give women more of a pass on keying stuff than guys, because it is girly. Men know that you don't **** with another man's automobile under pain of death, or castration.

I wouldn't give woman more of a pass. What she did was wrong and she knew it.

how much out of pocket and why the car rental? did she key it up that bad?

Uh no it's not, it's for the time the car will be in the shop to get repaired. I'm guessing It'l be more than a day with the parts involved. passenger side doors, front fender, bumper cover. If it's just a day, then a taxi would be fine. but given I have to rent I might go for the Lamb and have her pay for it.

Moral of the story: Don't take peoples parking spaces if they were waiting first, regardless of which direction they are pointing

uh no, moral is if you can't control yourself and are so selfish as to do the inappropriate thing, then you face the consequences. Stop blaming the victim.

This is what I first thought of parking spaces being stolen: (Warning: NSFW, strong language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izdWZfdYXno

Where you video is interesting. The incident wasn't like that with the parking. I would never do that. Obama needs to go to jail.

So sorry that had to happen, but at the same time, I'm glad you had people who were willing to come forward as witnesses. As far as the lady is concerned, it'll come back around to get her, because what goes around comes around. Nobody deserves anything like that, I mean after all, it's just a parking spot, nothing that was life or death, you know? Hope the hammer of justice comes down hard on her, but most importantly, she should've learned a lesson: even when you don't think anyone's looking, most of the time, there's always someone watching!. (Y)

Thankfully Yes.

Look if she is paying rent or a pass on that particular parking spot then I see her heightened frustration, however this is totally and completely not the case so she has no right to even get mad at someone else ever....

Yes there was no call for her being so angry over a freaking stall she shouldn't be parking in anyway. I wasn't about to attempt what she was looking to do at the risk of damaging my car in a crowed parking lot. Did I mention that? The parking lot was crowed.

If the person is facing the wrong way then they have no right to the spot. Keying his car shows how low that witch was and should pay the consiquences. having a kid around is no excuse. the kid would learn that no crime goes left unpunished.

I think they need to be harsher on parents, actually becuase it would be contributing to the delinquency of a minor and it would be setting a bad example if the mother were to get away with it.... the kid would learn that it's ok to key people's cars.... and more crap like this would happen.

uh no, moral is if you can't control yourself and are so selfish as to do the inappropriate thing, then you face the consequences. Stop blaming the victim.

You're not a victim, attention seeker sounds more fitting, you're lucky your car was the only thing to get damaged, if that had been a guy who's space you took I think things would have been pretty different

Selfish? You took her space. How much more selfish can you get ?