The Strain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first season is the first book, we have enough anecdotes in the second book to do two seasons, and I think that by the end of the third season, we?ll have enough threads of story to do another two seasons.
But then it ends. We will not go beyond the fifth season. I don?t want this to be a show that stays on until it?s not successful. I would like it to end the way the books are mapped. I don?t want to spoil, but we are going to do what we do at the end of the second book at the end of the second season ? we will do that big finale. We know where we?re going and it?s exciting.

FX replacing advertising due to complaints

So, perhaps it's understandable that residents in big cities like Los Angeles and New York are in a nauseous tizzy over the ad campaign for FX's new horror series, The Strain, from Guillermo del Toro, which includes huge, conspicuous billboards of a worm-like creature crawling through a woman's eyeball. The art is also featured on the show's official website.

A representative for FX informed BuzzFeed that the network is ?in the process of replacing the key art for The Strain on outdoor media in several locations.? When asked for details ? how many locations? in New York also? ? the representative did not respond immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

I read the first two books and truly enjoyed them, so looking forward to checking this out.

ehhh....watched and not impressed.  First...why NYC?  Couldn't they come up with any other city in which to base it in?  Second, how many more of these CSIish type shows can we handle?

• Like 1