The Strain

Watched the first episode. It's like Del Toro just tries too hard to be David Lynch in his Twin Peaks time with the sudden non-sense and horror absurdity. There certainly were moments when I said "this is just STUPID!".

I wish they'd set the tone already. The story is intriguing, but the characters and their actions are cliched and often logic-free. Which is fine, if that's what the show is about, then I hope it features more decapitations and silly vampire mystery and I wouldn't mind the other stuff. But I honestly can't tell if they actually tried to be serious with some of the stuff (Eph's super lame busy dad and former alcoholic backstory), or is it all a conscious choice.

The end of the episode was pretty fun!

The story arc of the little girl was very well done. Too bad it's over.

I wish they'd set the tone already. The story is intriguing, but the characters and their actions are cliched and often logic-free. Which is fine, if that's what the show is about, then I hope it features more decapitations and silly vampire mystery and I wouldn't mind the other stuff. But I honestly can't tell if they actually tried to be serious with some of the stuff (Eph's super lame busy dad and former alcoholic backstory), or is it all a conscious choice.

I take it as a dramatic parody on the genre. Kind of Fargo-ish. Plus I like B-grade sci-fi/fantasy.

I take it as a dramatic parody on the genre. Kind of Fargo-ish. Plus I like B-grade sci-fi/fantasy.

I guess that's the right way to look at it.

Overall I love the show it has lots of potential. They just need to keep it up. I kind of feel bad for the main character and his kid situation. I think his wife is a selfish bitch. Most women would be glad to have a man who works too much, many don't have men who don't work at all. At least they were very well provided for. I am pretty sure he is making a ton of money at his CDC job.

Overall I love the show it has lots of potential. They just need to keep it up. I kind of feel bad for the main character and his kid situation. I think his wife is a selfish bitch. Most women would be glad to have a man who works too much, many don't have men who don't work at all. At least they were very well provided for. I am pretty sure he is making a ton of money at his CDC job.

Same thoughts here :p. Great show and good news it's going for 2nd season!!

Quite entertaining.