The Strain

Holy ######.... this is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows.

Ditto that, started reading the trilogy the other day too, I'm hooked. One thing I'm really liking about it is that it covers the decline, not just completely sleeping through it like Walking Dead. (Not that I dislike that series either mind you.)

Best looking cgi for a show in a VERY long time!! loving it, season 2 already been green lit, can't wait!!

The CGI was average I found. The scene with them stuck at the filling station, where the exterminator throws a molotov on the vampire, that looks really badly done. I mean other than that, the plot is pretty much guessable from here. Its so cliche, and eventually they will catch the servant, then make him lead them to the master...ja da ja da ja da 

This thread just reminded me I need to watch this past Sunday nights episode off my DVR.

I read the first 2 books, still going to read the 3rd, and so far I feel they have done a damn good job of translating the books to the screen.

It is a little hokey at times (which I believe is intentional), and sometimes the CGI is not the best out there, but overall it is a damn good show, and glad to read Season 2 has already been greenlit.

Good episode, feels like the show is progressing nicely. Every time they drop the family drama for an episode it improves beyond doubt into probably the best new show on TV. I feel as they clear the families out we won't see much more of it either as much as they are showing at the moment anyway. They're building into some great seasons. 

That ending with the son and gran. All I'm thinking the entire time is don't you f**king do it. Don't you dare do the cliche.

Thank you. :laugh: