How can I recover my data in RAID 1 if the motherboard went bad?

Hi guys, I got the following machines that I am planning to use as a Server with Windows Server 2012 (throw DreamSpark). But I am using hardware RAID from a old motherboard, as following:-

Core2Duo E6750

Asus Commando

4GB RAM

2 x 500 GB in RAID 1

The question here is that will I be able to recover my data if something went wrong with the motherboard? if so, How?

Note: I am open for any suggestions, so please advise me.

Thanks,

Last time I broke a RAID 1 drive up, i just hooked up the hard drive as a non-RAID drive and the data was available; and could boot the operating system. Its possible that other RAID 1 implementations would work differently, so the standard try it out / back up your data etc apply.

Guys, I think I didn't made myself clear. I mean if the motherboard died not the hard drives.

I am saying in the previous case, can I (for example) take one of the hard drives and recover the data in another machine even if they are in RAID 1 format?

There is nothing special about the way data is structured on the hard drive in RAID1. RAID1 is an exact copy of the data on each drive in the standard format (eg: Boot Sector, Partition Map, File Systems, etc.).

You can easily take a drive that was part of a RAID1 and plug it into another PC and the other PC wouldn't even know that it was ever part of a RAID.

It boot off it either as a standard non-raid drive, or if you can set it up as a RAID1 array with a different RAID controller and it will boot off it, both without any data loss/reformatting/changes to data on the drive.