My Windshield was Replaced

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem..

I brought my 2007 city Jetta to Volkswagen yesterday, because my transmission gasket is leaking oil.

I left my car there because they were busy and a few hours later they all me to go pick up my car.

When I get there, they tell me that they have to order the parts and that I need to bring it back on Wednesday.

As I was about to leave the sales agent says to me...

"Oh by the way, your windshield was replaced by mistake as the windshield repair guy replaced it on the wrong vehicle"

I kind of got upset because I heard that when a windshield is replaced most of the times is installed incorrectly, and its never the same as having the OEM windshield.

He also tells me that the green tape is not to be removed till tomorrow.

I go outside and take a look at my car and notice that there's no green tape... The top of the windshield is not glue properly as I can see the rubber peeling in the middle. And on the sides of the windshield the rubber is almost flapping around near the windshield wipers.

They took pictures because I gave them ****.. But what do you think I should do? This is a mistake they did and they didn't even take responsibility to make sure it was done properly.

Should I be asking for something in return on top of getting an OEM windshield installed done?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Wow, just wow. I would give them hell. Demand that they replace it properly with an OEM windshield when you take it back on Wednesday and that they provide you with a hire/loan car while they fix it all for stuffing you around.

Yea I know that's what I keep saying to myself... Just wow!

I'm very frustrated and I want to play my cards right because you don't make mistakes like these and than pretend like nothing happened... Ad to top it off.. Do a bad job... Like come on..

I'm going there tomorrow because I feel like the longer I wait the worse it is....

But I don't want to walk away from this and getting screwed in the end for no reason...

We all make mistakes and usually when we do we pay for these mistakes... So I think as an authorized Volkswagen dealership... They should not get off easy from this.. Because they messed up...