Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 for iPad

Shadrack

Woot! I loved Duels 2012 and kept thinking, why isn't this out on iPad. Well, the new version is (if you haven't already noticed). Also, a lot of the single player campaign is free. I also like how there is just one cost to unlock the premium content (not a nickle and dime model that I was expecting given the nature of the card game).

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 for iPad in the App Store

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

i downloaded it, but got got miffed at it and uninstalled in under 5 minutes, i started during 4th edition rules, and stopped playing not long after Tempest i think, i think it was Before 6th edition rules changes i dont remember

but i got miffed as it wouldn't let me interrupt stuff, or tap lands to interrupt ( when i used to play tapping lands, creature abilities that were NOT affected by summoning sickness was considered an Instant /interupt )

im assuming they changed ALOT since i last played which was why i wasnt able to do alot of the stuff i was able to do.

i do like the game Shadow Era, its like MTG

http://itunes.apple....d412380301?mt=8

metal_dragen

i downloaded it, but got got miffed at it and uninstalled in under 5 minutes, i started during 4th edition rules, and stopped playing not long after Tempest i think, i think it was Before 6th edition rules changes i dont remember

but i got miffed as it wouldn't let me interrupt stuff, or tap lands to interrupt ( when i used to play tapping lands, creature abilities that were NOT affected by summoning sickness was considered an Instant /interupt )

im assuming they changed ALOT since i last played which was why i wasnt able to do alot of the stuff i was able to do.

i do like the game Shadow Era, its like MTG

http://itunes.apple....d412380301?mt=8

I'm of a similar "vintage" shall we say, in terms of the game. I started playing during Unlimited and stopped around the time Tempest came out. The reason I quit playing was because you needed serious bank to keep up. They were (don't know if they still are) releasing a new expansion set every 3 months and continuously introducing new mechanics that were average in most cases, seriously overpowered in others and in most cases didn't add anything to the game in my opinion.

It seemed like they'd given up on trying to create synergies between the various colors and were designing entire sets based on one mechanic for a single mechanic deck (Slivers for instance). Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, but it pigeonholed you.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft Lists is now available for iOS
      by Rich Woods

Today, Microsoft announced that its Lists app for iOS is now available. First announced at Build as a Trello competitor, it showed up as a web app in July with a promised iOS app coming later. Now, that app is here.

The Lists app, as you'd probably guess, lets you access and edit the lists that you own and have been shared with you; and of course, you can create new lists. The difference with the mobile app, however, is that it's really meant to be used more on the go than the web app is. Microsoft uses an example of creating an issue tracker list while you're drinking coffee, or sharing a list from the car. For more complex tasks, you're really meant to be using the web app.

Microsoft posted a demo of the app:

Here's a list of features that are included in the mobile app:

As you'd expect if you've been using the service, you can create new lists from scratch or from templates, and you can even use an Excel file to get started. The app also supports offline usage and dark mode.

Now for the fine print. You need an Office 365 commercial subscription that includes SharePoint to access Lists, so if you're on a consumer Microsoft 365 plan, you're out of luck here. Microsoft is working on an Android app, as it promised to produce back at Build, although it's not coming until later this year. Also, the company is promising iPad-specific features to be added to the iOS app at some point.

• By Steven P.
      Connect to your PC remotely with Chrome Remote Desktop from any device
      by Steven Parker

Although Microsoft already has native support for Remote Desktop baked into Windows, their app forces the desktop on the client to resize all of the windows to "fit" on the device connecting to it, meaning when you come back to login on the desktop that you connected to remotely, all of the open apps will now be tiny windows on the screen, which is not great.

Fortunately, Google has a free Remote Desktop app that lets you connect to a PC from any supported Android or iOS device and even through the web browser. It does require you to have the Chrome browser installed because it is a web app extension.

Install the Chrome Remote Desktop Extension on the computer you want to connect to remotely Then go to https://remotedesktop.google.com/access/ to add the computer You will be prompted to give the computer a name and (at least) a six digit PIN Gallery: Setup Chrome Remote Desktop
      Once you have completed the above steps you will need to install the client on the device you will use to connect to your desktop.

Install the Chrome Remote Desktop app on the device you will use to connect to the remote PC.
      Install for Android devices | Install for iOS devices Once the app is installed, tap on the hamburger menu and ensure you are signed in to the same account that the remote desktop is signed into Chrome with, tap the account to switch to it A list of your remote PCs will appear Tap on the remote desktop you want to access and enter the PIN

When you connect, you will see the remote PC desktop in the orientation for your device, so portrait for a phone and tablet, you can switch to landscape view and pinch to zoom in or out to make it easier to control the remote PC. In addition, there is a top navigation bar that auto hides and lets you bring up a virtual keyboard, capture the mouse cursor as well as context menu options to send Ctrl-Alt-Del, resize the desktop to fit.

Gallery: Mobile device access

An added bonus is that this method to connect does not resize any opened windows on the PC, and it also does not lock your PC when a user is connected to it remotely, so anyone can watch along which also makes it perfect for remote assistance.

Remote Assistance
      You can also opt to give someone a one-time access code to grant them access to provide Remote Assistance. However, this method only appears to be possible directly through the web browser at https://remotedesktop.google.com/support that lets you generate a code, or connect to a PC with a code.

Let us know what remote solution you use for your computers in the comments below!

• By News Staff
      Pay What You Want for this Master Game Development Bundle
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can Pay What You Want for the Master Game Development Bundle. Unlock these 77 hours to become a multi-platform pro with Unity, Unreal Engine, Phaser, and more.

With the Pay What You Want bundles, you can get something incredible for as little as you want to pay. And if you beat the average price, you’ll receive the fully upgraded bundle! Included in this Pay What You Want deal, are the following courses:

Pay What You Want (as little as $1) for the following items:

Learn Easy HTML5 Game Development in Construct 2
      Build Comprehensive, Custom 2D Games Without Writing a Line of Code

Java Game Development: Create a Flappy Bird Clone
      Work Your Way Into the Gaming Industry by Learning the Fundamentals of Java Game Development

Unlock the following courses by beating the average price:

Learn 3D Game Development and Programming with Unity
      Immersive Yourself in the Industry Standard Game Engine & Start Building Your Own Games

Unity Android Game Development With Game Art & Monetization
      Start Building Games for the World's Most Popular Mobile Platform from Scratch

The Complete Real-Time Web and Game Development Course
      Learn Real-Time Web & Game Development with Meteor.js, MongoDB, & Phaser

Advanced Game Development with Phaser
      Create Advanced, Online Multi-Player Games with This Immersive Course

Unreal Engine 4: The Complete Beginner's Course
      Design Games from Scratch Using the Engine that Built Gears of War

The Complete iOS Game Course Using SpriteKit and Swift 3
      Engineer the Next Hit iPhone Game By Introducing Yourself to SpriteKit & Swift 3

Player vs. Player tvOS Games
      Create Engaging Games By Connecting Controllers, Configuring Player Modes & More

Unity In App Purchase Complete Course
      Design, Publish, & Monetize Games on Any Platform Using Unity

What's the benefit?
      The bundle represents an overall retail value of $1,110 But you can Pay What You Want for the unlocked courses (as little as $1) Beat the average price and you'll take home the entire bundle. Qualify for the giveaway!
      Beat the Leader's price and get entered into the epic giveaway - plus get featured on the leaderboard!

>> Pay What You Want for the Master Game Development Bundle <<
      See other Pay What You Want deals. This is a time-limited deal that ends soon.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out the following offers:

Home Gym Giveaway | Ultimate Gaming Giveaway (feat. PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X) Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $1 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.0.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.0.0 - 2021-01-12 - Changes since 10.0.0-a1:

General

Retry media lookups that failed due to transient errors Fixed automatic file watching Renderers

Improved support for Sony Bluray UBP-X800M2 (thanks, thechrisgregory!) Fixed UPnP pushing via Panasonic TVs and Samsung Q9 TVs Translation updates via Crowdin

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) English (United Kingdom) (32%) Finnish (100%) Greek (91%) French (100%) Japanese (99%) Polish (100%) Portuguese (100%) Portuguese (Brazilian) (100%) Romanian (99%) Serbian (99%) Turkish (100%) Dependency updates

Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 Universal Media Server 10.0.0 - 2021-01-12 - Changes since 9.8.3:

DLNA browsing

When browsing a TV show in the Media Library, all videos across all seasons are visible. There are two new folders within the Movies and TV Shows folders - Filter by Progress and Filter by Information. Filter by Progress contains the Watched and Unwatched folders which used to sit within the Videos folder in the Media Library Filter by Information lets you filter the videos by a new rich metadata set (actors, genres, country, director, genre, IMDb rating, release date). Alongside that is a similar folder Filter by Information which lets you filter the videos by API metadata (actors, genres, etc.) New folders Recently Added, Recently Played, In Progress and Most Played are in the Media Library Web interface

Added breadcrumbs at the top of each page When in the TV Shows area of the Media Library, the TV shows themselves are shown as thumbnails, with covers from the API When browsing a TV show, a movie, or a TV episode, any API metadata is displayed along with a large cover image, including actors, awards, classification, country, directors, genres, plot, ratings, year, and total seasons. On those pages above, the colors on the pages are based on the cover image Clicking on an individual actor, country, director, genre, or start year, takes you to a list of other media that matches that metadata The last few items in the Recently Added, Recently Played, In Progress and Most Played folders are displayed on the front page Each TV show and movie has an IMDb icon and direct link if one is found Folder and media covers are shown Fixed bugs with the Back button Version has moved to the settings menu Minor design updates General

API is enabled even without filename prettifying Failed API lookups are debounced by 1 week to avoid network spam Changed prettified season/episode number formatting from Series - 101 - Episode to Series S01E01 - Episode Fixed some bugs with prettifying to support more files Added support for audio playlist thumbnails (thanks, sf666!) Playlist folders are correctly identified via UPnP (thanks, sf666!) Fixed automatic file watching Renderers

Improved support for Sony Bluray UBP-X800M2 (thanks, thechrisgregory!) Fixed UPnP pushing via Panasonic TVs and Samsung Q9 TVs Translation updates via Crowdin

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) English (United Kingdom) (32%) Finnish (100%) Greek (91%) French (100%) Japanese (99%) Polish (100%) Portuguese (100%) Portuguese (Brazilian) (100%) Romanian (99%) Serbian (99%) Turkish (100%) Dependency updates

Bump jQuery from 1.12.0 to 3.5.1 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 Bump video.js from 7.2.3 to 7.10.1 Download: Universal Media Server 10.0 | 160.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By News Staff
      Save 91% off this 2021 Mobile App Developers Bundle
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 91% off this 2021 Mobile App Developers Bundle. Over 20 hours of beginner-friendly training to help you make bank and unleash your mobile app development and programming skills.

This deal consists of the following courses:

iOS Application Development for Beginners
      Build a Basic Foundation In iOS Development with Swift & Apple's IDE XCode Intro to Java for Android Development
      Begin Your Mobile Development Career by Learning Android Studio & Java for Basic Applications Kotlin for Beginners
      Kickstart Your Mobile Development Career by Learning Android Studio & Java for Basic Applications Android SQL Databases for Beginners
      Control Data with SQL Databases & Upgrade Your Android Mobile Applications The Complete RESTful APIs for Android Course
      Develop Your Own Weather Forecasting Application for Android While Learning RESTful APIs & Kotlin The Complete Firebase Course with Kotlin
      Build Mobile Apps without Back-End Programming Using Kotlin & Firebase The Complete Mobile App Development Course with Flutter
      Develop Android & iOS apps Using Flutter – The Popular, Open-Source Mobile App Development Framework Good to know
      Length of time users can access this course: lifetime Certification of completion included Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For a full description, specs, and instructor info, click here.

Here's the deal:
      This 2021 Mobile App Developers Bundle normally costs* $350, but you can pick it up for just $29.99 for a limited time - that represents a saving of $320.01 (91%) off.

>> Get this deal, or learn more about it <<
      See all discounted Online Courses. This is a time-limited offer.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out the following offers:

The Win Your Dream 2020 Tesla Model 3 Giveaway Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $0.99 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off +3 months for free! Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.