Google Play Store $0.25 apps and games sale

Yup I would agree with tsupers comment, nova and apex are the front runners now for speed and stability. Things like Go Launcher are kinda stuck in the past and trying to add things that aren't needed to make up for things they've missed the boat on. I will say however that Touchwiz on the SGS3 is pretty good, especially on JB, I couldn't stand it on the S2 however :/

Going back to the sale, Horn does not appear on my sale list, yet if I click the link a few posts up, I can purchase it... wonder what else I've missed?

PS: What device do you have hawkman?

The difference is I but quality devices without bloated launchers. No Samsung or HTC crap.

I can't think of any device (that is not a nexus device) that doesn't have any bloat...All (non-nexus) stock android devices are pretty much bloated. This includes Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, etc.

Nova is a launcher ie. everything you see and do on your home screen and app drawer is a launcher.

by default your phone will have a launcher but this is an additional launcher which will let you customize your home screen app drawer. for example I can customize how a folder should look. can customize the home screen and scroll effects.

try the free one first and then you will understand...

I've both it because of the price. Now I'll look into it. :)

Horn failed for me, I purchased it on my HTC OneX but then it said it was incompatible. But seeing as it was over 15minutes from purchase to download fully I cannot claim a refund. Yes it's only 28p with the vat, but that's not the point. I already went through this crap with the Moto Xoom, Maybe I should have learned from my previous mistake :(

Works fine on my One X, been playing it since last night without any issues.

Had a look at Nova but I think I'll just stick with the launcher that comes with Cyanogen, Trebuchet I think.

Had a look at Nova but I think I'll just stick with the launcher that comes with Cyanogen, Trebuchet I think.

Trebuchet and Nova are very similar in terms of looks and use, but I'm not about to tell you which one you should use. Any of Nova, Apex or Treb are good each with advantages over the other. They all play together pretty nicely, allowing you to port your settings between them with ease so they all feel the same if you decide to switch between them.

Have to say from this sale my best purchase was Nova, with Dungeon Village (huge fan of Kairo soft here) and ME Infiltrator close seconds.

Could you imagine how much money they would make if they had a regular sale every week?

Surely bandwidth is paid for at the consumer end mostly (mobile phone owner pays company for service)? There's no way we can't say Google doesn't make enough money elsewhere to absorb some of the other costs into their business model to support a more regular sale.

Surely bandwidth is paid for at the consumer end mostly (mobile phone owner pays company for service)? There's no way we can't say Google doesn't make enough money elsewhere to absorb some of the other costs into their business model to support a more regular sale.

uh, no that's not how it works. the provider needs to pay for bandwidth and resources to. And even if google earns enough elsewehere, that doesn't make them "earn" money from giving away apps at a loss...

and what about the devs that make the apps. How many times do they need to sell the app to make money from .25....

uh, no that's not how it works. the provider needs to pay for bandwidth and resources to. And even if google earns enough elsewehere, that doesn't make them "earn" money from giving away apps at a loss...

and what about the devs that make the apps. How many times do they need to sell the app to make money from .25....

still better than not having an sale.

still better than not having an sale.

So if the app normally costs 1.5 or in the case of Nova which which some quick calcaulation probably cost in the neighborhood of 4-5 dollars. to make the same amount, for a 1 dolla app it's 4 times as many sales, for a 1.5 it's 6 times, for a 4-5 dollar app, it's 16-24 times as many sales.

yeah, these firesales are a rgeat way to make money.... Especially for google who have to cover all the bandwidth and admin costs with however few % of the sale they get.

I see where you're coming from, but I can guarantee you their numbers of sales increase hugely because of the sale, then the beauty of word of mouth spreads (eg: after I've bought Nova, I've encouraged my gf to buy it at full price for her GS3). They will NEVER lose out from a sale.

PS: firesale implies something is closing or going out of business, these are impulse sales, completely different kettle of fish (sorry for being pedantic!)

So if the app normally costs 1.5 or in the case of Nova which which some quick calcaulation probably cost in the neighborhood of 4-5 dollars. to make the same amount, for a 1 dolla app it's 4 times as many sales, for a 1.5 it's 6 times, for a 4-5 dollar app, it's 16-24 times as many sales.

yeah, these firesales are a rgeat way to make money.... Especially for google who have to cover all the bandwidth and admin costs with however few % of the sale they get.

dont you think there would be a sales boost? I saw many buying the apps which they didnt buy normally at regular sale. I am one of them.

Whats your problem? there is a sale its good for consumer...so are you trying to prove that google wont make money with this sale!! yeah if that makes you happy so be it.

if thats the case google also wont make money on free apps which takes bandwidth too.. and Android has more free apps than any market.

Actually,no, It's more about the developers. And it's not like 1-5 dollars is so terribly much you need such sales regularly anyway.

I suspect that since this was sort Oran anniversary celebration, google actually ate the loss, and the devs got the full amount they where supposed to as if the app sold for the normal price.

The developers opt in for these sales and Google is not forcing it on to the developers.

Exactly what I was going to say. If I was a developer I would love to have the advertising that was created by having one of my apps put into a sale.

I remember reading an article about sales numbers and revenue when a developers app is put into a sale like this, and they said that whilst they get less money per app, the number of purchases is greatly increased but also that it stays at a higher level when it goes back to full price. I can't remember where i read it atm but it was quite interesting.