• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Relation of penis size to signature file sizes

Daysleeper    0

I just wondered is there is any relation? Is there really a need to have such a big one? I mean these things are becoming (almost) as annoying as banners?. Does size really matter that much ? LOL first post and I bet I get kicked for it J

Khe|dar - No I wont kick you, I'll just make this a little bit more "politically correct" Thinking of this subject though .. your signature really is rather small isn't it? Ah well keep smil:)g :)

af4    0

Your silly :p ;) I guess I'll come up with various size sigs and have everyone vote on which size they want - these sig sizes are quite common on gaming forums just to let you know ;)

I wonder if anyone will get peeved when someone uses 200k animated gif as their avatar...hummm ;)

Quboid    0

Think of us dailup users!

I'm on a 44kbps connection - that's 5.5K/s optimum, 3K/s in reality. For your sig file I have to wait another 9 seconds. For a 200K animated gif, I have to wait an extra 67 seconds, or over a minute, for something I don't really give a toss about.

willywonka69    0

ritsuke did you make your

af4    0

Yes I did. Isn't it groovy? MSPaint is neat.

Quboid    0

Uuurgh!

I prefered your old one, download time or no download time.

stevember    138

What does mine say about me then...

Daysleeper    0

Wow I am amazed that the point I was actually trying to make made it :-)... I am on a 56K too and it takes ages to download some of them. As I said, almost as annoying as banners...(but at least banners serve some purpose)

A small sig is cool, can say something about you what you cant always in words. Why the need for massive ones...

Did I miss something... I didn't think this was a gaming board ?

Quboid    0

Remember, a picture speaks a thousand words, but also uses a thousand times the bandwidth. Stick to text.

Hey, that's pretty clever and philosophical. Might make that my sig!

willywonka69    0

on my 56k i get preaty good speed

willywonka69    0

i have to agree MsPaint is the best graphica editor

HEHE

+hayc59    51

its not the size its the quality!!:china:

af4    0
Originally posted by willywonka69  

i have to agree MsPaint is the best graphica editor

HEHE

I agree :) Who needs anything else! ;)

mortensen    0

LOL - I suppose you were just waiting for me to post here. Just remember, after a request I have cut down the size of my sig picture dramatically. I used to have a huge sig pic but now I don't. :D.

'm on 64k so I know how slow picture loading is [it's not actually that bad]... but when you see a picture you don't even have to look at the name of the person to know who it is. With most topics I don't read members names unless they have a big sig, so big sigs do have a purpose.

If people REALLY object to the size of my sig [no-one has objected to it yet] then I will consider changing it again. But I have already changed it and it might take a while to find another quality picture for me to use.

-mortensenj

Quboid    0

You mean a 64k ISDN? That's actually quite a bit fast than a 56K modem as it runs way more efficently and with better line - espically for pings, which is why ISDNers are considered LPBs...

If you mean a 512Kilibit connection, wise up :)

mortensen    0

I have a 64k CABLE modem which is FREE for NTL users... you DON'T have to pay [apart from installation, I think]. And yes it is a lot more efficient than 56k because I can download at 8-9kb/s which is 2wice as fast a 56k... therefore 56k ISN'T 56k.

As for pings in games I CAN get a ping of 40 on UK servers [in both Half-Life AND UT], with an average ping being 150 with 2 computers playing online at the same time sharing the connection [150 each]. Quite good but when I try and connect a 3RD computer all 3 pings shoot upto 3000 and no-one can play. :(

-mortensenj

Quboid    0

A free cable modem connection?

Do you mean their 512kbps, which is 64Kb when converted to kilybytes? That's not free ... but you should be getting 50Kb/s (kilobytes again) downloads with that. I didn't know they offered smaller connections for free.

configure    1

I can't find a place to host my sig's picture.. bummer! :mad: