First Delphi program

Question

Well this is my first delphi program (and first one posted in this forum :D ) I have ever made, it changes your OEM Info found in the My Computer->Properties dialog. I am distributing it as freeware, what do you ppl think of it? should I distribute the source for people to learn how to use Delphi? any suggestions to add features?

You can download the program here

19 answers to this question

It would be nice if the window maximized. It would also be nice if there was a reset to default option. Also it's possible to change the image, you should add that also.

Otherwise it's not fancy, but it does the job,

No this program currently does not use any API because I use the WritePrivateProfileString in Visual Basic and it did not work so good in Windows 9x. I will see about the open source thing, because I dont like it when i put stuff on PlanetSourceCode, only to find my exact program in a few days, evn with the same comments sometimes :D .

lol whoever is still using pascal I feel sorry for you.

Yeah Deplhi is good, the tutorials and help are second to none, its great for wehen your starting out. And as someone said you can make complex applications with minimal ease.

Yea, especially when you have vb experiance, you will find its 100x more easier to add functions and other stuff, while still having good performance.:D

Here's something I did in Delphi.

It took me several hours to make it and I have no experience in Delphi.

It just adds or removes some stuff from the registry so it's very basic but it shows that you can make a simple program without that much programming knowledge. It also makes use of XPs visual styles

https://www.neowin.net/staff/users/Redmak/ielogo.zip

Now on to the more difficult and exciting stuff :p

The bad thing about Delphi is that it stores the DFM files in the program itself, so other people can easily reverse engineer it. Also it causes lots of CPU faults, but it is definately worth the price :)