Amazing Spider-Man 2

The trailer was pretty good, but it definitely ruined too much of the movie. I'm still excited to see it though.

I've stop watching trailers because of this. Generally stick to the small teasers.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched it yesterday and it was a little let down for me.

It was more of a transition movie to built what is coming and it focused too much in the relationship between Peter and Gwen.

And rhino was a joke...

It had the classic spidy humor and his movements were great even if some times the Cgi didn't look great and spidy was like drown over the scene.

I personally preferred the first one over this. Just hope the coming ones get better.

The game will be released before the movie:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1726793/amazing-spider-man-2-video-game-trailer.jhtml

If you watch the  trailer, carnage is in  it!  (Since the game is based on the movie, perhaps? one can wish!)

There are more villains in there that aren't in the movie, like Kingpin and Venom.

Also from Superhero Report:

Screenshot-on-2014-04-30-at-22.13.41.png

I believe the first one to be Mysterio but with a new mask. The smoke kinda hints towards that.

Finally watching teh movie on friday!!!!

Those images are a teaser for the Sinister Six. You'll see the easter-eggs in the film Friday!

Actually you have to use a smartphone and the shazam app during the end credits/Alicia Keys song to get that I believe. There is no after credits scene as far as has been reported so far.

Also:

So I watched the CineFix review of the movie from like last week (they saw an early screening) and I'm still ###### they discussed Gwen's uh, situation at the end of the movie. Kinda ###### I found out about it through a review of a movie that isn't out yet, but hey whatever. I'm not a big deal about spoilers kinda guy.

I saw this. I know I'm becoming sort of an annoyance to people who love this crap, but I hope you get where I'm coming from -- I wanted to go see something in the movies, and the place I live in was showing only this. That's what this dumbing down is doing. The last one I saw was Captain America 2 (surprise surprise, another comic book movie), and I figured that one was more than okay, so how bad can it be.

Turns out, pretty bad. If there are redeeming qualities to the movie, it's the actual Spider-Man, he's wise-cracking and fun to watch, and the graphics and action are okay. I guess 3D helps with that, but I didn't mind it nearly as much as I did in the trailers, which looked just like a video game. Everything else is so bad. I don't know what's worse, the writing of the dialogue or the delivery of it, but I was honestly shocked at it. Andrew Garfield is almost unbearable to watch without the mask. The plot is typically convoluted and trying to enforce these larger than life ideas, the characters feel more like caricatures, and everything seems like a series of loosely connected events that are happening just because the script says so.

What confuses me the most about these movies is that I can't figure out who they're made for. It's not made for adults/young adults, because I'm not easy to fool and I just get annoyed at all the illogical stuff. And I honestly doubt it's made for children. Majority of the theater audience were in fact kids, and I swear I can't remember the last time I heard so many children talking at once. Sure, it could be down to the children being rude in general, but when you have half of the theater talking over

Gwen Stacy's death

which should be the emotional high point of the movie, you have problems with some pretty basic storytelling and grabbing the attention of what I presume is your target audience.

But hey, kids are stupid and they'll remember the punching in the movie, I'm stupid because I gave them money either way, Sony will make a gazillion dollars, and I doubt anything will change. What makes me sad is that not only is this limiting the options of what you can see in smaller local theaters like mine, it's also having a bad effect on what can be made in general. We might never see something like The Matrix again, but you can always bet that there'll be money in a fifth sequel to a third reboot of some godawful comic-book movie.

I enjoyed the movie, I don't go see comic movies expecting academy award winners. If it looks good and I'm interested, then I'll see it.

I will say it's a little slow, but I'm sure they are trying not to leave out any detail. I don't read comics, never have but I'm sure you will enjoy the movie if you do or did.

I'm confused about:

I thought Harry's dad was the Green Goblin and Harry was Hobgoblin (just going off what I seen in the previous Spider Man films

Emo Spiderman sucks.

Seriously, if you enjoyed the angst and depression of Twilight, you'll love Spiderman 2. Imagine if the main characters of the movie

were played by Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh and you'll have an idea of what you're walking into.

Obviously, I was highly disappointed.

Emo Spiderman sucks

Oh FFS, I had hoped that with Garfield they were moving away from the depression cry-fest that was McGuire

Keep making them worse and worse Sony, though it will take time maybe Disney will give you an offer you can't refuse and buy it back.

I enjoyed the movie, I don't go see comic movies expecting academy award winners. If it looks good and I'm interested, then I'll see it.

I will say it's a little slow, but I'm sure they are trying not to leave out any detail. I don't read comics, never have but I'm sure you will enjoy the movie if you do or did.

I'm confused about:

I thought Harry's dad was the Green Goblin and Harry was Hobgoblin (just going off what I seen in the previous Spider Man films

Harry isn't the Hobgoblin in SM3, he's the new green goblin. He's only hobgoblin in Ultimate Marvel IIRC.

Emo Spiderman sucks.

Seriously, if you enjoyed the angst and depression of Twilight, you'll love Spiderman 2. Imagine if the main characters of the movie

were played by Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh and you'll have an idea of what you're walking into.

Oh FFS, I had hoped that with Garfield they were moving away from the depression cry-fest that was McGuire

There's a big difference between emo-McGuire Spider-Man and completely devastated-Garfield Spider-Man

watched the film, thought it was good, thought some of the gwen and peter stuff could have been toned down a little as it was starting to get a bit boring. Really annoyed about the end, i hate films that lead into the next, i like them to stand apart. I love the avenger films as each one stands apart from the other, spider2 and the hobbit films are really bloody annoying. 

Well to be honest I expected moar :(

No venom tie in at all, don't get me wrong, sinister 6 is amazing... but not venom amazing. From wiki:

In December 2013, Sony announced two spinoffs of the Amazing Spider-Man series, which include the Sinister Six and Venom, with Drew Goddard attached to write and direct the film, as the film will be a redemption story on the characters and it won't feature the original lineup of the team

I went to a matinee on Sunday although I had been sick the entire weekend, I did not want to miss my streak of seeing all Marvel Comic movies on opening weekend.

Needless to say I slept through over half of the damn film. I kept waking up when there were action scenes though.

Funny enough my wife had no idea I had fallen asleep, so once I told her I did but summarized the movie to her as to what I gathered of things from when I was awake, her reply was "you got it all."

So even though I fell asleep for at least half the movie, apparently I was still able to tell my wife exactly what did happen story wise.

So needless to say it was not very deep story wise.

In fact they wasted way to much time developing the relationship between Peter and Gwen to make certain aspects of things more impactful, but it was that character development that made me fall asleep and not even care that I did.

Full disclosure, I have always been of the belief they should have never rebooted the series itself. The Tobey trilogy, despite all of it's shortcomings, is still the much better movie experience imho. I will even go as far as saying I think the advancements in CGI since they made that original trilogy have actually hurt things overall. It is SO clearly CGI and really does look so much like a souped up cut scene in a video game that I just have zero emotional investment in them. They are also way too chaotic. The camera is all over the place and instead of creating a visually pleasing experience it is just a mess that is much to fast paces for it's own good.

Finally Jamie Foxx as Electro was truly so bad. And not in a so bad it was good kind of way. It was a so bad it is really just bad sort of way.

I will watch it again when it is released for home consumption and give it another chance, but I am not entirely convinced I will just fall asleep again as it seems to be that boring of a movie overall.

Emo Spiderman sucks.

Spider-Man spent almost his entire comic existence being emo.

• Like 1

Spider-Man spent almost his entire comic existence being emo.

The translation to live-action should have lost most of it. I don't go to a superhero

movie to spend two hours depressed. I get that he struggles with living two lives.

I get that he's lonely. But if I wanted to live it I would pay for therapy, not an

afternoon at the movies.