Weird Email

My brother just emailed me this strange email he got, first glance it looks like a normal spam email, but highlight the text and it becomes very strange

Original Email

Untitled.png

Highlighted Email

Untitled2.png

Don't be fooled.

They are going to give you an 'assignment' of sending money to somewhere, as a test -- your money. :laugh:

Both Western Union and Wal-Mart sell money orders, transfers.

:o I sent them my life savings already :p

Its to try and bypass scanners that detect spam. By making it so sentence checkers and phrases aren't caught.

Ah, thanks, makes sense :)

The grammer is a dead giveaway (there have been report about laps - should be lapses) - (Do send in these information - in this information).

At least they are getting better, grammatically speaking.

TOTAL SCAM

I think the thread is more to do with the characters that appear when highlighted rather than whether it is a scam or not.

Don't be fooled.

They are going to give you an 'assignment' of sending money to somewhere, as a test -- your money. :laugh:

Both Western Union and Wal-Mart sell money orders, transfers.

This is actually accurate. One of my coworkers thought it was legit. As soon as she accepted the offer, her first assignment was to deposit some money into a Western Union, lol. Hers was actually a very well-written scam, though. They contacted her via a jobs/resume website.

Pretty interesting the way they can extend the change of the highlighted text to prevent filters from looking for keywords. Maybe this would be good cause for non-html mail after all? :)

Also, if you look at the non highlighted one you can visibly see some words have double spaces in them. If it was legit some words wouldn't have double spaces period. So yeah it's definitely a scam, more likely for some one in Nigeria. Should think that after so many failed attempts they would give up :/