'The Lone Ranger'

loneranger-usatodayphotos1-tsr.jpg

After the reported budget that was bursting at the seams, The Lone Ranger still impressed fans with a surprise teaser trailer at Comic-Con this past summer. We're still hoping to see that show up in theaters before the year is out, but until then, we have some new official photos of Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer in the Disney film from Pirates of the Carribean franchise director Gore Verbinski. In addition to a couple great hero shots (in the vast Southwest landscape), we get a glimpse at some of the action, including one big fight between cowboys and the military and the locomotive (built from the ground-up).

Here are the new photos from Gore Verbinski's The Lone Ranger from

USA Today:

loneranger-usatodayphotos1-full.jpg

loneranger-usatodayphotos2-full.jpg

loneranger-usatodayphotos3-full.jpg

loneranger-usatodayphotos4-full.jpg

loneranger-usatodayphotos5-full.jpg

loneranger-usatodayphotos6-full.jpg

The Lone Ranger is directed by Pirates of the Caribbean franchise helmer Gore Verbinski and written by Ted Elliot, Terry Rossio and Justin Haythe. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice?taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption. The film arrives on July 3rd, 2013.

http://www.firstshow...he-lone-ranger/

unsurprisingly a white male is playing a indian character. yes it's Johnny Depp but still...

He's a spirit guide apparently, not an Indian :p

either way, could you show me an Indian actor capable of portraying the character like Depp ? something quality and style of acting has to take precedence over one that looks right to some people.

Hey, Johnny Depp is actually part Indian guys. So yeah, he does fit the "blood type" for this role. Suck it haters :p

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Johnny_Depp

Let's not make assumptions and spout it off like we know what we are talking about :p There is this thing called internet, in which we can verify a lot on.

And rappy, Awesome sig. Love me Adventure Time :) even got a shirt recently that mixes Futurama and Adventure Time. Nothing like being 30 and walking around in a shirt that looks like it was made for my non existent son :p

post-51448-0-99937600-1349279825_thumb.j

And rappy, Awesome sig. Love me Adventure Time :) even got a shirt recently that mixes Futurama and Adventure Time. Nothing like being 30 and walking around in a shirt that looks like it was made for my non existent son :p

yeah love Adventure Time! :D

Hey, Johnny Depp is actually part Indian guys. So yeah, he does fit the "blood type" for this role. Suck it haters :p

lol didn't know that (Deep having Indian blood).

Let's not make assumptions and spout it off like we know what we are talking about :p There is this thing called internet, in which we can verify a lot on.

ahahaha owned :laugh:

unsurprisingly a white male is playing a indian character. yes it's Johnny Depp but still...

I was under the impression that he has some native american ancestry.

I think Johnny Depp just likes wearing makeup

a simple Google search reveals alot of movies he starred that was wearing heavy makeup.

There are so many brilliant actors and writers, 'why oh why oh why' are we doing the same stuff time and time again.

From a film and music point of view it seems we really did stop thinking for ourselves after about 1990.

There are so many brilliant actors and writers, 'why oh why oh why' are we doing the same stuff time and time again.

From a film and music point of view it seems we really did stop thinking for ourselves after about 1990.

true, nowdays it's just movie remakes and new songs with heavy sampling from older ones.

either way, could you show me an Indian actor capable of portraying the character like Depp ? something quality and style of acting has to take precedence over one that looks right to some people.

Adam Beach:

AdamBeach.png

From the wiki article:

Depp has surmised that he is part Native American

Notice the part I bolded, this is what surmised means:

"to form a notion of from scanty evidence"