Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rise-planet-apres-sequel-matt-reeves-375376

Matt Reeves has nabbed the coveted gig to helm the sequel to Fox?s Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Titled Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the movie was supposed to have reteamed the studio and producers at Chernin Entertainment with Rise director Rupert Wyatt.

Wyatt exited the project mid-September due to what was billed by some insiders as his discomfort to have a movie ready by the May 23, 2014 release date.

>

Rise started off so well but half way through its like they felt it needed action, it just became stupid.

You must have missed the part where Malfoy gets his ass beat. Best part of the movie.

So, what is this... A sequel for a reboot of a remake that's a prequel of a retelling of... Uhm, now I'm lost in all this hollywood monkeyness milking of old sci-fi B-movies....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

James Franco Probably Won?t Return for DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

Speaking to MTV, Franco explained his likely absence in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes:

I was going to be a small part of the next one. There was a moment when Rupert Wyatt was going to direct the second one. A lot of the human characters that were in the first movie were dead in the sequel that Rupert was going to direct. But there was one scene, between Caesar and my character, maybe even just like on a video that was left behind, but then a lot of things happened, like [former Fox co-chairman] Tom Rothman who was a big part of the first movie, left. Now Rupert?s not a part of it so I don?t know. My guess is I won?t be in it. Nobody?s talked to me since Rupert left.

• 2 months later...

The-Chicago-Code-Jason-Clarke-3.jpg

According to The Hollywood Reporter, rising actor Jason Clarke (who recently was featured in Zero Dark Thirty) has been cast in the lead role in 20th Century Fox's Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, which is eying a spring production start date. It is currently unknown who he will play, but THR offers some brand new details on the plot, which is rather secretive up to this point. The sequel to 2011's Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, directed by Matt Reeves (Cloverfield) who takes over from Rupert Wyatt, "is set 15 years after the events of 2011?s Rise of the Planet of the Apes. One focus is on the group of human scientists who are struggling to survive alone in San Francisco. Another aspect of the story is the struggle of intelligent ape Caesar, played by a returning Andy Serkis, to maintain dominance over his kingdom." The film will be Clarke's first starring role in an American production. The script is currently being written by Mark Bomback (Total Recall, The Wolverine), with Peter Chernin, Dylan Clarke, Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa on board to produce. Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes is set to hit theaters May 23rd, 2014.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=74482

Am I only one that doesn't see the point to any more "Apes" movies?

We saw HOW the apes came to power in "Rise". And, we know the ultimate outcome from the original movies. There aren't anymore plot gaps to fill in for the series. So what could this new movie add to the franchise, story-wise?

Since when Hollywood needs another reason than money to make w new sequel, prequel, reboot, remake, spinoff and such?

have anyone ever read about Planet of Apes fanfiction NSFW comics?

i have look at it several years ago,

its inline with Planet of Apes settings where human became the slaves of the apes masters,

contain bestiality between female human & apes.

i cant find it anymore though.

c?2207847=3fO8vXzdA1tnm89pP_eTH4QEf0o

We recently heard that Jason Clarke joined the cast, and today we?ve learned that young actor Kodi Smit-McPhee has landed a role.

This comes from Deadline Hollywood and they make no mention of who Smit-McPhee is playing, but because both Smit-McPhee and Clarke are Australians it wouldn?t surprise us if he was playing Clarke?s son. Smit-McPhee has been in movies and television shows since he was ten, but his big break came playing the son in the 2009 adaptation of Cormac McCarthy?s ?The Road.? He?s been working ever since, and played the lead in ?Let Me In? and voiced the lead character in ?Paranorman.?

?Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? is being directed by Matt Reeves, and we should be hearing more shortly about the casting process as the film is scheduled to hit theaters on May 23, 2014. It will be the eighth ?Planet of the Apes? film, and sixth sequel as the prequel ?Rise? made great efforts to be a part of the original franchise.

http://screencrush.com/dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-kodi-smit-mcphee/

We saw HOW the apes came to power in "Rise". And, we know the ultimate outcome from the original movies. There aren't anymore plot gaps to fill in for the series. So what could this new movie add to the franchise, story-wise?

What's the point in any sequels then?

pj23uv09.jpg

Things are really ramping up for Matt Reeves' upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. In addition to the returning Andy Serkis, recent reports name Jason Clarke and Kodi Smit-McPhee as two of the sequel's principal cast. Now, ComingSoon.net has learned exclusively that Gary Oldman will be boarding the project as the leader of a human colony!

Set 15 years after the events of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Dawn finds most of humanity wiped out and the intelligent apes ruling over the world. Part of the film's focus is said to be on a small group of San Francisco-based scientists that are forming a resistance against the apes and part follows Serkis' Caesar as he, like his namesake, tries to maintain order and power within his new civilization.

A name very well known to cinephiles, Oldman recently starred in John Hillcoat's Lawless and reprised his role as Commissioner Gordon in last summer's The Dark Knight Rises. He can be seen later this year in Robert Luketic's Paranoia and early next year in Jose Padilha's RoboCop.

Featuring a screenplay by Mark Bomback, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes starts filming this spring for a May 23, 2014 release. Peter Chernin, Dylan Clarke, Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa are producing.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=100975

I loved Rise, it was perhaps the only reboot Hollywood has done that actually did justice to the original, and the original Planet Of The Apes is in my Top 5 films of all time, so I do not say that very lightly. I am not sure they can do it again, but hoping they do. That one promo image found on page 1 is pretty kick ass.

Someone sat down and worked out how many Humans each ape/primate/monkey would have to kill to achieve what happened in the movie, it was several million humans each I believe.