Network Driver hi grade w76th

My partner had a virus on her Hi grade W76th laptop which ended up needing to be wiped and rebuilt, the only problem we have is the laptop didn't pick up any network drivers for it, i see Hi grade have a website and is wanting

?10 + VAT for a driver disk.

Any of you guys got any other solutions?

Thanks

Well look on the device in device manager for the ethernet nic and there will be a number for its hardware ids - you can then google for those and see exactly who makes the nic and get the driver direct from them

post-14624-0-49732900-1349353632.png

Yes I know it lists my nic and yours is not -- but you have ! and says unknown right, look on those for the hardware ids so you can lookup the driver for that piece of hardware.

If you find some devices you can not figure out or find drivers for - post the hardware IDs and we can help search and identify.

have fun ;)

I looked at that website - strange, I have seen where companies charge for media sure. You can understand the cost of a recovery CD, etc. But every maker of hardware I have ever looked at, dell, hp, compaq, sony, asus, gateway, ibm, etc.. etc.. all provide the ability to download the drivers for the OSes that are supported on that model. Now if it ships with say XP, they might not list drivers for w7, etc. But that is on you if you move to OS that is not supported by the maker.

These drivers might not be the latest and greatest, and or normally maker tweaked, etc. But at min it gets the hardware working.

Let us know how it turns out - I would suggest once you find the drivers, put them in a safe place - or once you get the machine fully 100% complete take an image so that you can always restore to clean state with all the drivers already installed, etc.