What is the best image size to use on mobile devices? (HTML)

Question

I would be using Google for this, but it would display outdated info, and that's not what I want.

Basing from statistics of 2012,cellphones and tablets have shifted the way we interact with websites. Due to that, I'm planning going fully mobile and I would like to know which is the "standard" image size I should implement (for mobile display only) so they don't slow down cellular connections and the browsing session. Of course... they shouldn't look crap either

Thanks a lot!

2 answers to this question

I don't think that matters that much anymore on today's handhelds, even the budget samsung galaxy s advance and a older apple ipod touch can load big images in no time.

So I'm suggesting peopel these days to just make a seperate CSS file for mobile devices and keep the site the same.

I don't think that matters that much anymore on today's handhelds, even the budget samsung galaxy s advance and a older apple ipod touch can load big images in no time.

So I'm suggesting peopel these days to just make a seperate CSS file for mobile devices and keep the site the same.

Ok then :)