Fox's 'The Following'

Fox has created a creepy cool teaser art campaign for Kevin Williamson?s midseason thriller The Following. The new ads will start rolling out next week, first at Six Flags theme parks. The upcoming drama series garnered positive reviews from its preview screening at Comic-Con this summer and stars Kevin Bacon as an FBI agent wrangling with a notorious serial killer?s (James Purefoy) legion of crazed fans. Check out all five ads below exclusively on EW.com, and there?s a trailer on the show?s Facebook page at wearethefollowing.com. The Following comes to Fox in January.

82504FOLLOWING_TEASER_01_tn.jpg61892FOLLOWING_TEASER_05_tn.jpg20898FOLLOWING_TEASER_02_tn.jpg97943FOLLOWING_TEASER_03_tn.jpg26118FOLLOWING_TEASER_04_tn.jpg

• 1 month later...

FOX just ****ed up. Even though they have no problem being on Canadian cable broadcasters, they refuse to show the "Intense Rated Trailer" outside of the US, ****ing hypocrits!

• 2 months later...

Did anyone watch the Pilot last night? I thought it was absolutely amazing! It was quite intense for a Fox show; felt more like an AMC or FX show more so than a show that belongs on Fox.

That thought makes me wonder how long it'll last on Fox. Ratings for a show on the big four usually have to be much, much higher than that of a cable network like AMC or FX.

I watched the pilot, very interesting. I like the idea they're going with, anyone could end up as a killer in this.

I liked it actually, a decent amount, however I just cannot get over how bad and lifeless acting is on the major networks these days. Every show I have tried to watch as of late, the acting is just atrocious. Even with Kevin Bacon on it, this show was a pretty good example of the absolutely lifeless acting I am talking about. That and it really bothers me how network dramas have to literally hand hold the watcher for every little thing they are trying to point out. Like [spoiler[ him being an alcoholic, or him having the heart issue.

They at first tried to be subtle about both facts, but then made sure to point to them and/or just outright beat the viewer over the head with each fact several additional times. These network drama shows just give no credit to the viewer. I guess they have to make it as idiot proof as possible though huh? Welcome to the Honey Boo Boo generation.

So as much as I liked the overall concept and premise, I just find it really, really hard to watch any drama shows on the large networks. The likes of Dexter, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, have spoiled me something fierce. It is literally the difference in my opinion from trying to watch a high school musican production to a Broadway Show. The difference in acting quality, script writing, and just overall intelligence is that dramatic IMHO.

Still, I will watch it.

I liked it actually, a decent amount, however I just cannot get over how bad and lifeless acting is on the major networks these days. Every show I have tried to watch as of late, the acting is just atrocious. Even with Kevin Bacon on it, this show was a pretty good example of the absolutely lifeless acting I am talking about. That and it really bothers me how network dramas have to literally hand hold the watcher for every little thing they are trying to point out. Like [spoiler[ him being an alcoholic, or him having the heart issue.

They at first tried to be subtle about both facts, but then made sure to point to them and/or just outright beat the viewer over the head with each fact several additional times. These network drama shows just give no credit to the viewer. I guess they have to make it as idiot proof as possible though huh? Welcome to the Honey Boo Boo generation.

So as much as I liked the overall concept and premise, I just find it really, really hard to watch any drama shows on the large networks. The likes of Dexter, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, have spoiled me something fierce. It is literally the difference in my opinion from trying to watch a high school musican production to a Broadway Show. The difference in acting quality, script writing, and just overall intelligence is that dramatic IMHO.

Still, I will watch it.

You're absolutely right, but you've got to realize that the big four require a lot more viewers, they've got to cater to a larger crowd, which almost always means a dumber crowd in percentages. Cable networks like AMC and FX don't require such a large audience, so they can cater directly to a smarter crowd.

Lost and Fringe ran into this problem and I think both shows ended up suffering creatively by the end of the shows because they had to start dumbing it down to cater to the majority of their audiences. Look at the most popular shows on the big four: American Idol, Voice, X Factor, etc. (all of which needs to brains whatsoever to watch), Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, etc. None of these shows require high level of intelligence. They cater to a dumber crowd for a reason, the big four require it.

Sad, but true. This should really should have been a cable network show. I think it would have been a great companion show to Justified on FX.

It was a good second episode, but it wasn't as suspenseful as the first episode. Still, it was a good episode.

I expect we'll get a sort of up and down when it comes to the level of suspense from ep to ep. I agree though this was still a good episode, it's nice to see how the characters got to this point.

I expect we'll get a sort of up and down when it comes to the level of suspense from ep to ep. I agree though this was still a good episode, it's nice to see how the characters got to this point.

To some extent, I agree, but I think that some TV shows are overusing flashbacks way too much. We didn't really need to see how Ryan & Claire ended up together, it didn't really add anything to the story. We already knew that they were close at one time, leave it at that, use the flashback time to build suspense for the present.

But that's just my thoughts.

Only seen the first episode so far but loving this already

cant wait to go home and see EP2

It is actually getting better as time goes on. even with my feelings about prime-time network dramas, which still stand, I really like it now. It almost feels like different people wrote the pilot actually. Real good show for sure.