Fox's 'The Following'

Just finished watching third episode. Too many, mostly unnecessary - flashbacks; so many that they in fact are starting to distract from the main plot. May be they will come together later, but right now they feel like filler material only.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to wonder though, now that it is renewed that it won't slow down in its pace.

I have to wonder though, now that it is renewed that it won't slow down in its pace.

And that is always the scary thing with a serialized drama like this. So many shows as an example: The Walking Dead, Lost, Fringe, Alias, Revolution, Alcatraz, etc. They all went SO slow which really kills a show and ultimately my interest.

One show that I believe does it right is Justified. They recalibrate every season with a new story that keeps the show interesting and keeps the pace up for the entire season. Damages also did this, as well as Dexter. Those shows, by reinventing themselves every season, help to keep the pace up.

And that is always the scary thing with a serialized drama like this. So many shows as an example: The Walking Dead, Lost, Fringe, Alias, Revolution, Alcatraz, etc. They all went SO slow which really kills a show and ultimately my interest.

Totally agree with the show's mentioned there, I LOVED Season 1 of Walking Dead and Season 2 was good but Season 3 I have barely watched and don't care for the show now

One show that I believe does it right is Justified. They recalibrate every season with a new story that keeps the show interesting and keeps the pace up for the entire season. Damages also did this, as well as Dexter. Those shows, by reinventing themselves every season, help to keep the pace up.

The Walking Dead picked up, Breaking Bad has only getting better and better, The Sopranos, The Wire. A good drama can play with its pace and become a great whole.

The Walking Dead picked up, Breaking Bad has only getting better and better, The Sopranos, The Wire. A good drama can play with its pace and become a great whole.

Oh, I'm not saying it isn't possible, it just isn't easy. Breaking Bad is absolutely awesome, but they sort of do renew themselves every season with a new big bad. They've changed the setting several times and that helps refresh the storyline.

I would, respectively, disagree with Walking Dead. I've watched every episode and for me, it is still total rubbish. But, to each their own. I certainly don't mean to demean a show you enjoy, I just feel the pace is off and there's way to much drama.

As for The Following, I feel the pace has never been great since the first episode. I absolutely hate the flashbacks, they're way to overused and most of them don't add anything to the storyline that I couldn't already deduce.

• 1 month later...

Wow, it's amazing what kind of conversation 2 people can have between bullet proof glass. That or they are awesome lip readers.

• 3 weeks later...

How to preform CPR.

Do it for 10 seconds and then check to see if she's breathing, if not breathing, stop CPR and say "Yep, she's dead".

How to preform CPR.

Do it for 10 seconds and then check to see if she's breathing, if not breathing, stop CPR and say "Yep, she's dead".

Pretty much. The show really went down hill very quickly.

Tracking her cell phone is based on cell towers, if not aGPS, yet the FBI was stumped by a proxy? The entire show became so implausible that it took the fun out of the show.

There seems to be too much effort to always put the cult one step further than Hardy to the point that there needs to be too much suspension of disbelief. But then again, I'm a Leverage fan so I can tolerate this one :D