Windows 8 Messaging color

Aww man, this sucks! & My thoughts exactly!

Where are Windows 8 apps stored anyway? If you can find the app, you might be able to open it up, edit the textures, and side load it. Don't try this, however, I'm just speculating. ;)

Where are Windows 8 apps stored anyway? If you can find the app, you might be able to open it up, edit the textures, and side load it. Don't try this, however, I'm just speculating. ;)

Not a single clue! maybe someone with more knowledge about windows 8 can help? I really hate this color, makes chat seem tacky.. shame on microsoft for not letting you customize this color

Resources for the messaging app here: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16.4.4206.722_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ModernChat

Or something similar.

Resources for the messaging app here: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16.4.4206.722_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ModernChat

Or something similar.

How does one change the magenta color to whatever they want?

I'd try it in a VM first if I were you. Open up the location above, find all the textures, open up in Photoshop and change, pit them back exactly where you found them--save them with the same file name as the original in the same format (jpg, bmp, etc.). Then, zip it back up, reboot the vm, and see if it worked. If it did, screenshot would be nice. Test it for bugs before you put it on a production machine.

I don't have any details for you. I just figured I would find the folder to get you started. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

The messaging app is too limited anyway so not of much use. I facebook in the browser open at the same time and sometimes the chats don't even come through messaging or it indicates the person is offline when they aren't. It really isn't a very good app.

Hopefully MS considers adding alternate colors in the future. I like to use the app for FB chat, as it's the only feature I really use FB for anymore, and it's nice to just be able to use that app instead of always having a FB tab open, but I'm not a fan of the color either.