Girl Offers Piggy Bank Money For Stolen Puppy's Return

SAN JOSE, CA (CBS / AP) - A little girl is offering all the money in her piggy bank to add to a $6,000 reward for the return of her puppy taken in a burglary.

Michael Mabanag, the father of 10-year-old Marissa Mabang, says his daughter offered the contents of her piggy bank because she "just wants her doggie back."

Michael Mabanag said that when he returned to the family's San Jose home Monday afternoon he found the home had been broken into.

Electronics, purses, and bicycles were taken in the burglary, as well as the family's 6-month-old Yorkie-Shih tzu mix, or "Shrike" named Meeko.

Besides the piggy bank money, San Jose's police and firefighters' unions, as well as the office of San Jose City Councilman Ash Kalra, have pooled their funds for the $6,000 reward. :dog:

meeko_puppy_100312.jpg?w=300

source

It takes a bad person to break into a residence. It takes a low like **********er to steal someone puppy while doing it. I hope this **** dies a horrible death.

I couldn't handle it if someone stole one of my dogs, it would become a psychotic need for me to find my dog and I would go to ANY lengths to get her back if I knew who had her / where she was

• Like 1