Google Account user name - How to change it?

Question

I have a Google account that I use for web history, analytics and webmaster tools. I sign into that account with my Hotmail emaill address. I am setting up a service that requires a gmail account; I do not have a gmail product on this account, so when I click on gmail, it shows: Your new address: jkotest2@gmail.com. I do not want to use jkotest2, I'm not sure how to change this. Any advice?

post-116484-0-94029000-1349537700_thumb.

I would just clear a browser of your choice's cookies > make a new gmail account not connected to anything > forward hotmail emails to that

That way you get the username / email address you want

Not trying to change the subject, but I seriously wish Google would make deleted names/addresses usable again. Every single variation of my name is taken.

firstname.lastname

lastname.firstname

firstname.lastname.numericsuffix

lastname.firstname.numericsuffix

Same thing with when using my first initial. :/

I'm not intending on stopping the use of my hotmail, I sign into the Google account with the hotmail address, so that when I'm at the webmaster tools or the analytics tools or google reader, my settings are all there under the hotmail. I have a new service, a VOIP provider that uses Google voice. That provider requires a gmail address, I already have my google voice number set up under my google account that is accessed by the hotmail account. I need to create a gmail address under this account, I'd rather not use jkotest2. I'm not sure if I'm making this clear or not. I am not intending on using Gmail for my email provider, just to use for this VOIP service account.

I understand what you mean about not wanting to use gmail.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure once a google account has a @gmail address tied to it there is no changing it.

Not trying to change the subject, but I seriously wish Google would make deleted names/addresses usable again. Every single variation of my name is taken.

firstname.lastname

lastname.firstname

firstname.lastname.numericsuffix

lastname.firstname.numericsuffix

Same thing with when using my first initial. :/

Try swapping letters for their number lookalikes and vice versa so 1 becomes l etc