3 posts in this topic

ha I remember this effect from Inglourious Basterds. A German officer appears and the movie freezes and his name shows up on the screen.

But really there isn't anything special about this. It's just called "text" or "on-screen text".

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see this occasionally on teen shows. I always call it a cutout. The video is unavailable to be, but from what you're describing I know what you're talking about. If you're wondering how to recreate it, it's a matter of finding the still you want, rotoscoping it, creating a highly stylized color correction (Where most people go wrong), and then a catchy background that leads the eyes to the person. A lot of people do it with the Japan sun look, where there's a circle that emits two similar colors.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.