Windows 8 Pro Media Center available?

Tried with 3 email address' and still haven't gotten a key. Which is a shame, because I actually used Windows Media Centre to watch live TV in the UK using my PS3's PlayTV box ?.?

It tells you how do install it in the email that you got with the key.

"

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you?re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search).
  2. Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
  3. Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.
  4. Then tap or click I already have a product key.
  5. Enter the product key, and then click Next.
  6. Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features."

Yeah, that's the stock instructions. Does not work. What I get in the US Pro RTM version I'm using is the "Turn Features on/or off" dialog. I'll see if "Add Features" is enabled after the 26th.

Yeah, that's the stock instructions. Does not work. What I get in the US Pro RTM version I'm using is the "Turn Features on/or off" dialog. I'll see if "Add Features" is enabled after the 26th.

Just go into Control Panel and click "Add Features to Windows 8"

Does anyone know if the keys you'll eventually end up buying will have the same limitations as these promotional keys (IE only usable on a single computer)

What's weird is that when you add Media Center the options to "add features" disappears.

Morgan, are you sure that it's not already installed?

Open up Explorer then right click on "Computer" then pick properties.

check and see what it says for Windows Edition installed

It's installed on mine and it now says "Windows 8 Pro with Media Center".

Just go into Control Panel and click "Add Features to Windows 8"

It's simply not there. "Add Features" is not there. Only "Turn on or off". Add features is it's own CP with it's own icon. Not present in SA Pro RTM. Maybe tomorrow will be an update.

What's weird is that when you add Media Center the options to "add features" disappears.

Morgan, are you sure that it's not already installed?

Open up Explorer then right click on "Computer" then pick properties.

check and see what it says for Windows Edition installed

It's installed on mine and it now says "Windows 8 Pro with Media Center".

Just Windows 8 Pro. If there is not update tomorrow, I'll reinstall. But an MVP did say for Pro you would not be able to add features to RTM until 26th, but clearly some people can.

It's simply not there. "Add Features" is not there. Only "Turn on or off". Add features is it's own CP with it's own icon. Not present in SA Pro RTM. Maybe tomorrow will be an update.

Just Windows 8 Pro.

Where did you get your copy of Win8? I'm running the RTM from Technet.

Tried with 3 email address' and still haven't gotten a key. Which is a shame, because I actually used Windows Media Centre to watch live TV in the UK using my PS3's PlayTV box ?.?

I tried with 3 addresses this morning at 6am and received on early in the afternoon.

Just Windows 8 Pro. If there is not update tomorrow, I'll reinstall. But an MVP did say for Pro you would not be able to add features to RTM until 26th, but clearly some people can.

You've got corruption in the OS or something then, because it works fine... Reinstall..

Where did you get your copy of Win8? I'm running the RTM from Technet.

VLSC

Usually when you submit something, and they say they are going to email you a code, it's instantaneous

Well to be fair, MS is Pacific time and there terms do say "* Offer valid from October 26, 2012, until January 31, 2013"

VLSC

My guess would be that media center isn't compatible with the VLSC "version" of Win 8. The volume license versions are meant for an enterprise and not home consumers.

My guess would be that media center isn't compatible with the VLSC "version" of Win 8. The volume license versions are meant for an enterprise and not home consumers.

Windows 8 Pro is Windows 8 Pro is Windows 8 Pro.

It doesn't matter where he got it.

What does matter is the original licence key that was entered with Windows 8. The volume license might not allow Media Center.

I also just discovered that the Media Center licence is PER machine. If you have multiple Win 8 machines, you'll need multiple keys.

Not quite...in fact I'm amazed that you said that...since you should know that different licenses determine at times how a SKU will behave.

Actually Enterprise is meant for an enterprise. :)

Now that I remember, I had to vbscript to activate. Maybe the VLSC RTM wasn't quite RTM. I'll reinstall and see anyway. If for some reason SA Pro doesn't support media center, I will hit up newegg. Gotta have one Media Center.

Actually Enterprise is meant for an enterprise. :)

Now that I remember, I had to vbscript to activate. Maybe the VLSC RTM wasn't quite RTM. I'll reinstall and see anyway. If for some reason SA Pro doesn't support media center, I will hit up newegg. Gotta have one Media Center.

Umm...the vbscript that you used was probably to get around needing a KMS server to activate. If so, what you did probably isn't legal.

Umm...the vbscript that you used was probably to get around needing a KMS server to activate. If so, what you did probably isn't legal.

Actually no. KMS & MAK is provided.

It's been over 24 hours now and still nothing. I even tried it with a couple email addresses to be sure. Lack of Media Center is the only thing keeping me back from using Windows 8 since it's pretty much my primary source of recorded/live TV.