How the T-Mobile Lumia 810 differs from the Lumia 820

820810.png

With the announcement today by T-Mobile of the Lumia 810, the question that follows next regards differences between it and the Lumia 820.

While the ?guts? and main features are overlapping, the physical design of the 810 is more ?blocky? than the Lumia 820. In addition, the sizes of the devices are slightly different as well, with the T-Mobile 810 being slightly larger, but weighing 15 grams less.

810%20stats.png

http://www.wpcentral.com/how-t-mobile-lumia-810-differs-lumia-820

This adds to that Verizon 822 rumor then? If the 810 is a non-LTE phone I suppose the 822 is a tweaked LTE version just for Verizon.

Not a bad phone - but the whole exclusivity thing is getting old. If WP8 really wants to succeed, they will need all the market share they can get, which means releasing any and all devices (Nokia 920) to the big carriers.

Nokia sucks at marketing, the carriers are way better. It's better for them to have exclusivity now and have AT&T, T-Mo and Verizon market the exclusive phones individually than for them to try to botch it themselves.

Not a bad phone - but the whole exclusivity thing is getting old. If WP8 really wants to succeed, they will need all the market share they can get, which means releasing any and all devices (Nokia 920) to the big carriers.

I think Nokia is going down the route that Samsung took with the Galaxy S line. I just hope they don't differentiate in software from carrier to carrier like Samsung did. That would **** up the whole thing.

I think Nokia is going down the route that Samsung took with the Galaxy S line. I just hope they don't differentiate in software from carrier to carrier like Samsung did. That would **** up the whole thing.

They won't - that's the beauty of Windows Phone. You may have different phones (based on one model - like the Galaxy S lineup), but the software is all the same. You may have different carrier software - like My Verizon, but that's about it.

They won't - that's the beauty of Windows Phone. You may have different phones (based on one model - like the Galaxy S lineup), but the software is all the same. You may have different carrier software - like My Verizon, but that's about it.

I meant that Nokia might restrict its own apps to one carrier or the other etc.

I'll bet outside of the replaceable back cover they don't differ at all. and you might even be able to buy and put on a 820 cover on the 810 and 822, though they may have just changed the actual clips just to prevent this. But I suspect from a production standpoint, they haven't as it's cheaper to simply make the 820 unit and put a different back cover in the box that says T-Mobile and ATT.

Actually it seems the front is different as well, specifically the speaker area. thoguh they might still be compatible, we'll see I guess.

I meant that Nokia might restrict its own apps to one carrier or the other etc.

Why would they do that? That would deter some sales. It hasn't been done in the past, so I see no reason to start now. The only reason I could see that happening is if a specific Nokia app had certain requirements that a lower end Nokia WP8 phone didn't have, then it might get restricted. Otherwise, it'd just be carrier exclusives to worry about. AT&T has exclusivity on the Nokia Lumia 920, so there goes my hope for Verizon.