The native Start menu is back, everyone rejoice!

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda funny how the title calls it the "native" start menu, since it's anything but.

Tihiy, I noticed that apps that are in "startup" folder will not start up when PC starts.

Is there a way to enable that?

Since Windos 8 doesn't use the startup folder in the start menu, no.

Tihiy, I noticed that apps that are in "startup" folder will not start up when PC starts.

Is there a way to enable that?

hit start button>type "msconfig" without the quotes

not sure if i am a poweruser, but i do use the start screen only as a way to link my most used applications. if i use a rare one, i just type its name to bring it up. this way my start screen fits easily in one screen. additionally its looking nice with its colors and shapes.

also i have put some programs attached to the taskbar as im 99.9% in the desktiop environment anyways. i did that with windows 7 too.

what i can understand is that if i need to change some settings, i get confused myself too where to find that best. i usually use the start menu and search function (which works really well) but yeah, that is very confusing. but this is not part of the "old" windows start menu anways.

if you whine about the new start screen, its really not worth it. its not that bad if you use it conservatively.

start screen is like a big start menu if properly utilized. Don't see the issue here. So easy to go between that screen and the desktop. However they should allow you to pin a lot more than they do by default, but this is fixable. I was about to say I hope they keep the old start menu off, but I know how irritating it can be to have features removed 'just because' by a software maker... my example here would be google chrome not having a fixed bookmarks sidebar on the left side of the screen, while arguing my logic that widescreen monitors have plenty of space to accomidate this feature, but being ignored. Thus, I do not use google chrome.