Tips to reduce bandwidth? (e.g. block YouTube, disable Windows Update)

Click-to-play plugins is the only. Was the 'unlimited time period' (the one you mentioned from the other thread) applicable on the additional 5GB you paid for?

I was told it would be.

It is now 00:01.

At 11:59, it showed 251.13 GB.

I'll turn my torrents on and watch some iPlayer that I have saved up. If that raises much higher than 251 GB, I'll be so angry.

I'm already angry that somehow my "PC downloaded" 1 GB of data in the two hours since I paid for the extra 5 GB data (which is NOT correct. NO other devices are on in the house and my PC downloaded nothing like 1 GB data!).

I know what you're saying, I just wish I didn't have to constantly think about how much I am downloading. I find downloading 8 GB a day (which is all I'm entitled to with a 250 GB cap) easy to use.

I know what you mean i was the same when i upped my internet constantly downloading and doing everything there on the spot then i got it in my mind to spread things about thought out the day and night. Just make sure all updates are disabled and your blocking as many ads as you can i have admuncher on at the moment (paid service adblock plus is just as good i hear) ad it says that since june i have saved 12gig of bandwith so every little helps.

also plus is yorkshire based so just make sure your computer is set to internet time and all should be good anyway off bed as you sad its past midnight and hope you figure out whats going on.

Ah first world internet country problems.

How I love trying to stay under 10GB a month so I'll only have to pay $75 for my connection. Oh Canada...how I love you.

True. It does put things into perspective.

Certain routers out there have the capacity to handle bandwidth quotas. Mine does, although I don't have a limit and never needed it.

Mine doesn't but I use Networx to keep up with my bandwidth, since I do have a limit.

5GB for a week should be enough to cope with, go out and stay away from the computer for a few hours here and there... read a book

Don't download, Don't stream video. that's all you need to do, there wont be many windows updates in a week so no point disabling that

Some of the smaller plans in New Zealand are 5GB a MONTH for $75NZD ($61.20USD) a month including phone