Unable to get Windows to install updates

Hello ,

This is my first visit into this forum ,so I dont know if I am on the right page. Please advise me if I am not ,as to where to go .

My problem is that I cannot get Windows to install the updates ,some of which are the critical ones.I have tried everything I can think of,but to no avail.

I use windows XP my Browsers are Internet Explorer 8,and Firefox

I would appreciate if anyone can give me the solution,and get my installs installed.

Sincerely

Peter

Edited by SHoTTa35
Fixed subject line for you.

What error message/numbers do you get? How up to date is this copy of Windows currently? Are you just trying to get this months installs?

You DO have automatic updates turned on/enabled, right?

i think its because you for got to install the "W" in windows.

on a more serious note.....Could be some sort of virus or malware preventing you from updating.

Back when i ran XP it would tend to get buggy over time. would have to do a fresh install about once a year.

Before they go bye bye. you might want to grab yourself a OEM copy of Windows 7 and upgrade to 7.

Hello,Cork 1958

Thanks for your reply,

The message I keep getting is the following .

The website has encountered a problem,and cannot display the window you are trying to view and,there are no updates that have been put on this computer.As far as I am aware it is up to date . am trying to get all updates that are currently available ,yes I do have it set to download and install the updates automatically.

Peter

Hi matey,

to synchronise your time with an ntp server please see the link below from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft...w.mspx?mfr=true

^ ignore the first paragraph, if its a home pc you wont have a domain.

Try that first, if this doesnt resolve it (suspect it will) post any error codes windows update states and we can then point you to the right solution. :)

and Welcome to Neowin btw :)