Zone Alarm is a joke.

I'm sorry but you are way too self-centered.

You're not the only one who knows something about everything.

Also Java is not needed for ID banking and online certification of documents.

Also Java is not needed for ID banking and online certification of documents.

Since the BankID provider uses java for BankID yes it does. Maybe you should know what you're talking about first before responding like that.

Dd you even know that BankID is the name of a company running the largest electronic ID in Norway,used by pretty much every bank and visa and so on here... No.

Where did I say that it's not needed for Norway? Please point it out? Where did I say it can't be used? Please point it out.

I was just stating that Java is not the only way to do it so therefor, it's not the only way to do these things = not needed.

When did I say we where the only country ? Sorry but you're not worth arguing with. You're making up arguments and arguing about things of which you have proven to not know about yet you still cling to what you "think" you know. And you bring up arguments from other threads to troll in other argument, even bringing up my name from another argument in another thread to troll and bring me and mother person in.

So sorry, your post are not even worth reading for me any more. You started this argument with a pure troll comment that didn't even have anything to do with this.

Welcome as the first person ever I've ignored on a forum, since I usually don't ignore people I don't like as I either believe they can change, or they actually have something of worth to say on other topics.

double_facepalm_reasonably_small.png

Only argument that you actually brought right now is that my posts are not worth reading when I clearly stated the fact that java is not the only way to deal with online ID's and online banking. Great job! Keep doing what you do!

Ahh hell with this, cba anymore to actually waste my time on this. Keep thinking that Java is and always will be "your precious" and I'll keep thinking while I need it I'll deal with it and when I don't need it I'll stay away from it.

I don't understand why a lot of the so called 'experts' on Neowin seem to be fixated on advising people on using the half baked Windows 7 firewall or not having a firewall at all. By default, the WIndows 7 firewall allows all outbound traffic. You can set it to block outbound traffic but then you will have to manually create a rule for each and every application which you wish to allow access to the internet (talk about tedious). Most annoying of all is that it will not prompt you when a new program wants to establish an outgoing connection.

'Experts' of Neowin, please explain to me how your NAT gateway, your beloved MSE and half baked Windows 7 firewall at default settings will protect against unknown 0-day threats or driveby's from sending out your keystrokes or personal files to the attacker?

how often you wear that tinfoil hat of yours. Bet you think the moon landing was a hoax. I haven't used a software firewall or an AV program in about 8 years. you wouldn't need all this crap if you stopped opening the "I'm Nigerian.....Send me money" emails. Anyways why are you storing anything that could result in identity theft on your pc anyway......as far as keystrokes, they can have my freakin Neowin password.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I decided to remove MS Security Essentials based on results given here:

http://www.av-test.o...-7/novdec-2012/

I want to use the free version of a program and following the results given decided to use ZoneAlarm with Checkpoint. I had some difficulties with installation (an update stopped working and the system kept hanging upon boot-up after one program tried to update automatically) but after more than a week it's been working fine.

I wanted the free version of BitDefender but there were many features missing, and for some reason AVG made my system (Win 7 64-bit) a bit slower.

How about Avast or Avira? Do any of their free versions have nag popups? There's a popup for ZA every one or two weeks (I think).

If you can recommend an antivirus with a free version that has the highest possible ratings for the three categories given in the test and no nag popups, please let me know.

Wow, I havent ever had any of the problems mentioned here, so what am I doing different?

(Honestly, I always end up back with ZA when I go to try something new because I (with the exception of eset) I had too much difficulty learning how the options are.

(eset felt very similar to ZA so which is the only reason I would replace za)