25,000 posts and 11 years! (just about)

Well goddamn, I'd never thought I would still be attached to an internet forum after all these years! :pinch: :laugh:

But here I am, having hit the "Add Reply/Post" button 25,000 times and being here just over a decade :| I tried to coincide my post milestone with my 11th anniversary (end of November) but clearly didn't work out as I had to reply to forum news/topics that interest my brain :p

With the above said; I just wanted to give out a shout out to those that I have much respect for ....

A particular set of members, that despite all the fanboys/girls, spammers, trolls etc. trying to make their mark and degrade the quality of the forums, are not phased and manage to provide valuable, level-headed technical help and advice to those that need it and keep on chugging along doing so (Y)

Early joining members who generally caused headaches for staff on the forums initially, only from them to stick around, mature over the course of the last decade and become respected, active members of the community :)

Old school staff/veterans that are still active/pop their heads in now and again on the forums, I do kinda miss the good ole' days working alongside them to deal with angst on the forums with ban hammer in hand :rofl: But as many of you old-timers know all too well, real life tends to take priority now with work, relationships etc. I'm not as active as I used to be but try to participate when I can.

Steve and the team who work hard to keep Neowin a well-oiled machine, learning from mistakes in the past, increasing the sites' appeal with new features and the constantly expanding member base. I don't personally know many of the recent additions to the current team in the last few years but you guys are doing well to keep the forums in line and on the forefront of tech news via the front page (well, most of the time :ninja: ) (Y)

And so that's it from me, here's to another 11 years where hopefully Neowin will still be alive and thriving, not be taken over by the cryptic Observers and turned into a dystopian website for their own agenda (sorry, just watched the latest episode of FRINGE earlier this evening) :shifty: :p

Congratulations!

Steve and the team who work hard to keep Neowin a well-oiled machine, learning from mistakes in the past, increasing the sites' appeal with new features (...)

YVL2t.gif

Congrats Radish. Keep up the great work. You're a valued, awesome member as well as a previous staffer and I greatly appreciate all that you do!

Congrats Good Sir.

Even though I imagine it has had to have happened once or twice over the years (the truth of the matter is we all have our bad days) I honestly cannot recall you being confrontational or disrespectful towards another member. This fact alone gets my utmost of respect. (Y)

• 1 month later...

^ Thanks for the kind comment mate (Y)

Anyway, resurrected this as it's 11 years to the day and on this bombshell it's time to move onto even greater things; so long folks, take care of yourselves and thanks for all the fish :)

^ Thanks for the kind comment mate (Y)

Anyway, resurrected this as it's 11 years to the day and on this bombshell it's time to move onto even greater things; so long folks, take care of yourselves and thanks for all the fish :)

:(

Take it easy and remember we are always here! :)