MSFN forumite calls Neowin "Fanboy Central".

Poster calling her/himself "Charlotte The Harlot" has this to say:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another day and another dozen or two Windows 8 and related fluff articles at Fanboy Central. These were marginally interesting.

Microsoft: 1.6 billion impressions for Windows 8 campaign ( NeoWin 2012-10-10 )

Yeah, I would say it's official. Microsoft is going to dive into their cash billions in a futile effort to put lipstick on this pig. "I can tell you, it's going to be difficult to tune in to your typical popular tv show or sports program and not see a Windows commercial in the next few months.". Can't wait. Jeez, if only they had spent more money on Vista. laugh.gif Most embarrasing fanboy of the day award: "Windows 8 will be amazing. If it fails its only because the "computer literate" person in the office/family/school would fill everybody's head up with garbage about "how much it sucks."" Hehe. Yeah, that's why it will fail. Children, you gotta love 'em.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/155290-windows-8-deeper-impressions/page__st__1120

I was surprised they would rag on Neowin like this, though, being an "affiliate site" and all that.

I also read some other posts by this individual, and detected the same sneering attitude.

This was my first visit to this forum, so I'm still going through it.

Should be interesting.

This-cool-story-brought-to-you-by-BRO-INCORPORATED-388x500.jpg

Every forum has their "Fanboys" People here seemed to be quite evenly divided on matters such as Windows 8, almost 50/50. Thats about as even as you can get. Maybe he's just trying to make a dramatic statement?

Every forum has their "Fanboys" People here seemed to be quite evenly divided on matters such as Windows 8, almost 50/50. Thats about as even as you can get. Maybe he's just trying to make a dramatic statement?

But this particular person seems fixated on Neowin. Read some of his/her other posts on the same thread.

She rips into Neowin forumites in general.

But this particular person seems fixated on Neowin. Read some of his/her other posts on the same thread.

Well, if heshe isn't naming names, then I would chalk it up to heshe being jealous. So let them be jealous.

So? People can have their own opinions, even if they are ignorant or not. They are still entitled to them. Doesn't mean their word is law, honest or we have to listen to it.

• Like 1

Meh, there's nothing to see here. This is some random person on some forum I've never heard of quoting Neowin news articles and stating their opinion on them. Apparently they have a distaste Windows 8, which is understandable given how polarizing it is.

0ff.gif

Yeah I find it odd that someones picked up on an anonymous person having an opinion on a tech website. :rofl:

This is the subforum dedicated to Windows discussion and support, not for sticking virtual pitchforks at others on the 'net.

I don't think it does us good to complain about what other random people on forums think of this community. Likewise, I'm sure some of you have ragged on other communities in posts made here so really, what's the big deal?

(Technically, if you want a rule for this...)

Neowin Is Not A Support Forum For Other Sites.

Comparing, judging the content/value or raising the opinion of other sites, recruiting members or staff, bad mouthing (or victimizing) & negative discussion about non/affiliate site issues on our forums is neither wanted nor tolerated. Promotion of individual member sites or blogs will be deleted on sight.

[Thread closed]

• Like 1