Doctor: Heaven is real

moloko

has there been any people NOT religious that have had after life experiences?

Yogurtmaster

has there been any people NOT religious that have had after life experiences?

I thought I just posted one already....

Atheists (These are the three I know about without doing research and I found youtube videos of them)

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Howard Storm

Ian McCormack

Dr. Donald Whitaker

You guys need to do research and open your mind a little and not be so unbalanced. Millions of people can't be wrong, where there is smoke there is fire.

I can't trust Atheists who really don't do research and claim that they know the truth.

Yogurtmaster

I also found this....

So, I really find it hard to believe that you can't do research for yourselves and find this. Now maybe some people are lying or it's something that isn't real.

However, there is just too many people including Atheists that came back say that was real.

Even Doctor Jeffery Long has given in and says it's real. He became convinced and has a website to collect information.

Before I go, I will also give you the information about Vicky who is blind who could see after her death, but then when she came back she was blind again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjymdATERXY

I know you guys think this is hokum, but you are wrong.

moloko

Atheists (These are the three I know about without doing research and I found youtube videos of them)

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Howard Storm

Ian McCormack

Dr. Donald Whitaker

You guys need to do research and open your mind a little and not be so unbalanced. Millions of people can't be wrong, where there is smoke there is fire.

I can't trust Atheists who really don't do research and claim that they know the truth.

Interesting. I was just asking. I am not being biased. Just asking for reals. This is an interesting subject and discussion here.

*RedBull*

I have yet to come across an afterlife experience, where a person visited hell.

That might be that no one escapes hell. Don't pay attention to Supernatural. lol

Anyway, I have to agree with the Neosurgeon. I won't elaborate why. Cause it won't be appreciated here on Neowin.

BattleDaggit

I'm surprised there are so many people here on Neowin that believe in the supernatural. I mean, this is a site about technology that you'd think would attract intelligent people who think rationally and critically. Oh, wait. There are Apple users here. Never mind.

Andre S.

Nope, I completely disagree. How is that some people obtain knowledge that is impossible to get if they are brain dead?

What part of what you quoted of me did you disagree with?
Yogurtmaster

What part of what you quoted of me did you disagree with?

one are only weak evidence and not sufficient proof to assert anything as certain

When you examine so many people that not only see very similar things, but also have knowledge that they could not have possibly have obtained, that isn't weak at all.

So, I disagree with this. It is what it is.

This is why I said that if I thought Atheism was true I would be one. I have reviewed all of the evidence and it's pretty clear and I am in my rational mind. Just because people on this forum have a problem with believing it, does not mean it does not exist.

When I studied Atheism, I could never find the reason to be one, it just never made any sense and I could not make any connections with anything that was honestly rational. In fact it was more irrational, than rational because it was a denial of life itself, the beginning of Universe and the fine tuning of the Universe. There has to be different dimensions, it doesn't make sense that there wouldn't be.

When these people died, they still were alive and they witness things in other rooms in the hospital where their body isn't even in. The blind woman Vicky could see and she was blind until birth and after she came back she was blind in her normal body. This evidence isn't weak.

http://readersupportednews.org/pm-section/398-science/7170-new-evidence-suggests-that-the-near-death-experience-is-the-spirit-leaving-the-body-and-not-just-a-dying-brain

I just want people to open their eyes to the possibility. Too many people ignore the facts and say there is no proof, but I cannot accept that, because I have researched it for a while now

and I have seen enough that shows that it's true.

Gerowen

Interesting. As an agnostic I entertain the possibility of anything, one god, no god, or 10 gods, no human will ever be able to convince me that they "know" anything about it. It's not a particular god or theory of the afterlife I have a problem with, it's man-made, organized religion that drives inequality and violence among human beings. I tend to lean toward the possibility that we, as intelligent beings, capable of making decisions that are contrary to our natural instincts to satisfy more complex desires, have a soul that persists after death in some form or another. Is he making it up? Maybe, or maybe he really experienced these things. The only person who will ever know is him. We can take his word for it if we want, and make our own judgements about it. If there is an afterlife, my theory is that we as humans will only ever get these fleeting glimpses of it from people close to death, whose souls get freed to wander around for a bit. All of these holy books and prophets are, in my opinion, a load of crap made up to make certain people feel important, and to give the people in power a means by which to influence and control the populations they preside over. I would like to think that, if there is a god, he just wants us all to get along, appreciate the lives we've been given, and enjoy ourselves. I don't think any eternal being that knows and sees all will hold a grudge against me for avoiding group-think and trying to be objective.

TPreston

Howard Storm

Ian McCormack

Dr. Donald Whitaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcgCdn8I8kU

They cant all be right

Rippleman

This is why I said that if I thought Atheism was true I would be one.

When I studied Atheism, I could never find the reason to be one

You can't study Atheism, Atheism happens after you study mythology and the lore surrounding it.

Noir Angel

Any neuroscientist worth his or her salt will tell you that NDE's are just hallucinations caused by badly injured or hypoxic brain states and have nothing to do with imaginary friends.

• Like 1
Som

why does this thread keep reappearing, who cares what the guy believes...

Routerbad

Okay, you are getting rediculous now. Millions of people can indeed be wrong. No one is claiming to know the truth, everyone here is saying that you can't know the truth without verifiable scientific evidence. In fact, YOU, and other people of FAITH are the only ones claiming to know the truth despite all of the verifiable, scientific evidence to the contrary.

Again the burden of proof is not on us to prove that there is no God, because we are not even making that claim. We are saying there is no way to know whether or not there is a God based on anecdotal evidence and a cenuries old piece of allegorical fiction. The burden of proof is on those who, despite scientific discoveries that would discredit religion in and of itself (not just monotheism) still prefer to take it on FAITH that the world is only 6000 years old and that the afterlife exists and the only way to have a pleasant afterlife is to worship someone you can't see, hear, smell, touch, etc. but you must believe in regardless. No, sir, the burden of proof is on you to prove it one way or another.

I was raised a Southern Baptist, and today consider myself an Agnostic Christian (I don't know for sure, but believe a God COULD exist) because I'm able to look beyond the fire and brimstone upbringing and ask serious questions about the universe around me without accepting indoctrination intended to scare me into moral purity.

Andre S.
I just want people to open their eyes to the possibility.
I was defending that very position: there are many hypotheses to consider, including that one way or another, humans continuing "living" or at least having subjective experience some time after what we consider to be death. Keeping an open mind doesn't mean concluding more than what the evidence allows you to, however. Just what certain, rational conclusions are we supposed to make from these various testimonies? A theory has to be crafted before it can be asserted as true, and I see not even a semblance of such a theory, just some wild hypotheses. Your "deduction" that this somehow justifies your faith in various and more or less related religious beliefs is a huge shortcut in logic; it might be a valid position, but certainly not a rationally sound one.
Lamp Post

If we do a scan for activity in his brain while he is thinking about the experience, we can see if the memory is stored in the brain and what part of the brain. This could tell us at least what kind of memories the brain groups it with, as the brain "categorize" memories.

Mohitster

Prove it, Mr. "doctor". Pretty please? You know, science....

Dude he was in a coma....how else do you expect him to present the visions he had in coma to you other than writing about them? Have you seen anyone proving that he had a dream?

The King of GnG

Have you seen anyone proving that he had a dream?

Bingo. A dream.

• Like 1
Lamp Post

Dude he was in a coma....how else do you expect him to present the visions he had in coma to you other than writing about them? Have you seen anyone proving that he had a dream?

You can do it the way I suggested. Dreams are weaker memories and wouldn't be stored in the same way as a memory of an actual event.

Scorbing

His heaven is a hallucination, it is well known that while in a coma you DO have some perceptions that are left intact, it is this compromised perception due to the state your brain is in that allows the surreal visions and voices that people talk so much about. No two tales from the "other" side are ever completely alike again explaining the level of brain activity causing this phenomena.

Growled

I'm surprised there are so many people here on Neowin that believe in the supernatural. I mean, this is a site about technology that you'd think would attract intelligent people who think rationally and critically. Oh, wait. There are Apple users here. Never mind.

I saw what you did there. :p