Neowinians Unite to End Bullying!

Hey guys.... I need all of your help! I'm trying to start an Anti-bullying movement in order to wake up society (and the education system) to the bullying epidemic in the US. Please like and share the below link... I need all the eyes I can get in order to reach a large population of students across the country... If we can all unite together, and walk out of school in protest of bullying and all its victims, maybe the US education system will wake up to the problem and start to take action from the top down.

Please Like and Share

https://www.facebook...utToEndBullying

When I was growing up, I was bullied. My mom told the teachers and nothing was done. They made fun of me because my mother couldn't afford to buy me new clothes and shoes so the ones I had were filled with holes. I remember my favorite pair of FILA's had a hole in the toe. The jokes turned to people trying to hit me. You know what I did? I started fighting back. I LITERALLY started kicking people in the face and taking it into my own hands. I BECAME the bully but was merciful enough NOT to bully others.

The only way to fight bullying is to physically fight back. Schools aren't interested unless it becomes a national story AFTER the kid commits suicide. No matter how many suspensions it takes, when I have kids, they will fight and fight and fight before ANYONE causes my child to look at themselves as less than human. **** that.

When I was growing up, I was bullied. My mom told the teachers and nothing was done. They made fun of me because my mother couldn't afford to buy me new clothes and shoes so the ones I had were filled with holes. I remember my favorite pair of FILA's had a hole in the toe. The jokes turned to people trying to hit me. You know what I did? I started fighting back. I LITERALLY started kicking people in the face and taking it into my own hands. I BECAME the bully but was merciful enough NOT to bully others.

The only way to fight bullying is to physically fight back. Schools aren't interested unless it becomes a national story AFTER the kid commits suicide. No matter how many suspensions it takes, when I have kids, they will fight and fight and fight before ANYONE causes my child to look at themselves as less than human. **** that.

Exactly what you said.

Just fight back, and people will back off.

To your cause, Reverend. Sorry, but I don't use facebook. I would have no problem in supporting you, but I'm not signing up to facebook to do so.

Even for those with the desire to fight back, the ability may not be there.. Especially if your bullies travel in groups. One scrawny kid's gonna take em all on at once? Not likely. I understand what you're saying, but for some kids, it's just not an option... So there needs to be OTHER ways to fight back...

• Like 2

Same thing worked for me, once I stood up to the bully they left me alone and went for the easy pickings

Told my kids to always stand up to bullies and be physical if needed, I would back them up in school if anything came of it, none of my 3 kids has ever been bullied

Even for those with the desire to fight back, the ability may not be there.. Especially if your bullies travel in groups. One scrawny kid's gonna take em all on at once? Not likely. I understand what you're saying, but for some kids, it's just not an option... So there needs to be OTHER ways to fight back...

Meh, usually there's the bully and his straphangers, strap hangers rarely have the guts to fight, hence why they associate with the bully

I was bullied a lot in school, I just punched em a few times and that was pretty much enough to make people back off. I don't like this babying trend that we see with kids these days. Kids will always bully that's how they are, nothing's going to stop it.

Edit, and I am and always have been pretty skinny. 6 foot, 125 lbs my whole life.

Please believe me when I say that I feel very very badly for those that ended their lives for being bullied. However, as others have said, you have to fight back. What is killing yourself going to solve? Nothing. You will simply cease to exist. There are solutions to some of the issues we face in life. I was bullied when I was younger for looking younger. Did it suck? Sure. However, I used that as motivation in the gym later on. Every time I was ever hurt, I put those feelings aside until I went to the gym or for a jog. Then I would unleash all of those feelings. Not in a bad way, in a good way. In a way that was going to benefit me and save others from pouring my problems on them. Now I am older, 25 years old to be exact. I have only had to get physical with somebody once, and they knew who I was by the time I was done.

I think anti-bullying campaigns are great, and I hope they can help even one person. However, these people cannot just sit around doing nothing. They can take action instead of just playing the victim.

Grow a pair.. problem solved...seriously though, this is a job for parents.. not neowin.. not some nanny-state government.. and surely not lady gaga... parents.. you know, as in personal responsibility... what a concept

• Like 3

When I grew up I was the one bullying other people, usually it was because that person irriated me, or gave me a response to what I did that made me feel like I was kicking their ass without doing anything physical. I would completely agree that we should stop bullying, if it stops in the real world. The sad reality is bullying doesn't stop in the real world, we instead need to teach our kids if you want to stop bullying, teach kids how to make the one bullying look stupid. I stuttered as a kid, but somehow I was one in the biggest dousches in my class, and hung around the more popular kids in my class. That was because when I was in 2nd grade I was bullied. Some kid took me in the back closet and slammed my head against a wall, and that actually helped me, because I realized why he was doing and was able to turn it around on him(and cause I broke his nose :p).

Look at the bully, odds are who ever it is has a fundemental flaw that you can point out and make other people laugh at him. Mine was studdering but for some reason everyone I pushed around never brought it up. I know they were thinking it, but they never brought it up, and that was actually irriating.

One thing I really hated growing up and still do is when people constantly claim their victims. Take the fat kid in class, there were a lot of fat guys and girls in my school that were popular and that was because they didn't whine about their weight. If you want to be social and popular in this world, be funny, give someone a reason to WANT to hang around you.

I was probably by definition the biggest nerd in school because I could program a graphics engine and tools from scratch, but in my social life I completely distanced myself from that. I also really hated the linux nerds, those guys drove me nuts :p.

Fighting back at the bullies is what made me a man - they later saw I was just as tough as them. I miss those days back in school.

Unfortunately, parents don't discipline their children enough today, and they end up thinking everything in the world has a big smile on it's face and that everything will work out perfectly. So it is the parents fault in the end.

Fighting back at the bullies is what made me a man - they later saw I was just as tough as them. I miss those days back in school.

Unfortunately, parents don't discipline their children enough today, and they end up thinking everything in the world has a big smile on it's face and that everything will work out perfectly. So it is the parents fault in the end.

Agreed we have a natural instinct to protect our kids from the truth, from the real world, that just doesn't benefit anyone in the long run.

Want to end bullying? Ensure your kids are respective, but ensure they have a back bone.

Standing up for yourself, even if you get your ass kicked, shows heart/will , whatever you want to call it. The asshats pick on you because you seem like a easy target, only YOU can change that (no offense to the OP's cause), Fight back with everything you have, even if you have to do the "grab & twist", thumb in the eyeball. Make it known you're NOT the punching bag.

Freshman (long hair hippie looking metalhead) Vs, Senior (Jock) Wrestler. The guy was easily twice my size (I was 5'6" 130Lbs) my bully was easily 180 or more and close to 6 foot. One day he chose to bother me and I'd had enough and I just went off on him. Just so happend that there was a pep rally and most of the school was filing into the gym as I gave him a uppercut and knocked him on his ass, then I swarmed him with punches and elbows. The cheers from all the people that him and his friends picked on (geeks, freaks and all the other "groups" other than the Jocks) justified it.

Note to bullies: Watch out for the "small, quiet ones" when they go off, you just might get more than you wanted!

Although your cause is worthy, I'm NOT creating a FB account just for it. Sorry.

I was bullied a lot in school, I just punched em a few times and that was pretty much enough to make people back off. I don't like this babying trend that we see with kids these days. Kids will always bully that's how they are, nothing's going to stop it.

Edit, and I am and always have been pretty skinny. 6 foot, 125 lbs my whole life.

Wow, you're mother must've died in child birth! My condolences...

• Like 1

wake up society (and the education system) to the bullying epidemic in the US

Sounds like someone was bullied and is blowing things out of proportion...

"Want to end bullying? Ensure your kids are respective, but ensure they have a back bone."

This^

Bullying will always exist - it's human nature to pick on the seemingly weak. I actually think trying to raise awareness which encourages children to speak up about being bullied would actually cause the child to be bullied worse. Let's face it, bullies are very vindictive and not likely to stop bullying someone that easily.

It's obvious most people on here think people are blowing bullying out of proportion or thinking we can end it with hugs and kisses, next step is who wants to run a campaign on being pro-bullying :p.

Same thing worked for me, once I stood up to the bully they left me alone and went for the easy pickings

Told my kids to always stand up to bullies and be physical if needed, I would back them up in school if anything came of it, none of my 3 kids has ever been bullied

Meh, usually there's the bully and his straphangers, strap hangers rarely have the guts to fight, hence why they associate with the bully

sometimes not always. I have seen bullies that when the main guy loses a fight the others will gang up making it worse. And what if you are not physically stronger to the bully and loose. then it can get worse too.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that America's record on school bullying was pretty good, with many schools taking a zero-tolerance approach.

Is that not the case?

Can't be as bad as Japanese schools.

Hey guys.... I need all of your help! I'm trying to start an Anti-bullying movement in order to wake up society (and the education system) to the bullying epidemic in the US. Please like and share the below link... I need all the eyes I can get in order to reach a large population of students across the country... If we can all unite together, and walk out of school in protest of bullying and all its victims, maybe the US education system will wake up to the problem and start to take action from the top down.

Please Like and Share

https://www.facebook...utToEndBullying

Not to sound mean, but where were you guys before gays were getting bullied? This has been going on for years and years and years and now you decide you want to make a difference?

I like all of a sudden gays are being bullied and now you want to do something.

NOTE: I don't agree with anybody being bullied including gay folks, but this kind of makes me angry. Where were you guys before, why now you want to stop it now?

I wasn't bullied in high school at all, but I find it extremely late in the game to be starting this now. Well, at least you want to do something about it, which is a start.

You might also want to walk out on the horrible education. Public education at least in California is horrible, you should just walk out on that alone. Yet this is the way the liberals wanted the public school system.

If you get a petition started, I would clearly sign it.

Whatte f*ck is wrong with people O.o

We're humans, not animals having to fight, seriously... (see earlier comments)

I also just read someone took a machete to school.. WHATTE F*CK??

If you get caught with a weapon like that at a school here you will be send to a mental institution...

Typical Americans I guess, I live in holland and if you fight with someone at a school for a few times they say "good bye" with a smile and you can search for a another school which is not afiliated to the school which you just were removed from :p

I guess the problem lays in the way a lot of American schools are mixed, putting smart people and plain dumb people together... ofcourse the dumb people will start bullying the smart ones >.>