Is Steve Ballmer Underrated?

97 members have voted

1. 1. Is Steve Ballmer Underrated?

• Yes
    • No

Wait, which one is it? Underrated or Underestimated?

Also, where is the option of "No, he is overrated"?

Okay, I simplified the options to Yes/No.

And there isn't an option for overrated, because I think a good portion of investors would like to do away from him. That's what inspired me to start this poll. You read analyst after "analyst", who would like to see him fired.

And than there was also this Neowin front-page "news", showing surprise on a Windows 8 app honouring Ballmer.

Here's what they said:

Finally, in the "How did this app get approved?" category, we have JamPot's Steve Ballmer app.

Quite frankly, we are wondering why there are not Bill Gates or Steve Sinofsky apps out there.

Yeah... We will understand the true value of the Microsoft-destroying operation the CEO is executing right now (Windows 8...) only some years from now....

He really need to retire he is very competent. Microsoft stock has been flatlined for very long time. I think the Management at microsoft is pretty bad. I think there are some good managers at microsoft but I think they need pretty big shake up at the top.

Yes people hate him, but he has been at the helm of Microsoft for several of their biggest successes.

If he gets credit for the good things then he has to answer for the 'failures' too, e.g. Vista, Kin, and IE, Hotmail and Windows losses of market share during his entire rein.

Not being sarcastic, I truly think he is. I never thought of Microsoft as a consumer friendly company. But now, they are taking a lot of feedback on their products, and you can clearly see the result on their latest offerings. All this under Ballmer's management. I think he's definitely doing things right.

• Like 3

As an ex -Microsoftee, i can tell you the middle management at MS sucks, especially if you are in a division which is not windows and office. The Upper management lacks vision, which is the cause of all ills.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sinofsky would be a way better pick then ballsack would be. I never liked ballmer and I really liked Sinofsky

• Like 1

Most of us are just judging him by his extravagant silliness in some public appearances. I'd be willing to bet that as a top dog in the company, he's a force to be reckoned with. Smart, shrewd, and driven. Yes, I think he's underestimated. Or more accurately, overshadowed by his public persona.

Is he the right person for the job? That's a different question entirely.

• Like 2