Transfer info from iOS to WP8

When I finally get my Lumia 920 will there be a way to backup and transfer some basic info from my iPhone such as sms messages? There are some important ones that I'd rather not lose. Also does WP have an automatic backup system like iCloud?

There is no way to backup (or at least import) SMS messages that I'm aware of. Its a cloud aware OS so everything should be in the cloud to begin with. Pictures/Video are the only items you'll want to sync/backup up generally, and that can be done over Wi-Fi while its charging.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning iOS messages are stored in a sqlite database so if the device is jailbroken you might be able to copy the database over and (decrypt?) read it.

When I finally get my Lumia 920 will there be a way to backup and transfer some basic info from my iPhone such as sms messages? There are some important ones that I'd rather not lose. Also does WP have an automatic backup system like iCloud?

Oh, my friend, come quickly to Skydrive :)

Actually, there's even a Skydrive iOS app you could move a bunch of stuff 'to the cloud' before you even get the Lumia. Though, if you want to backup texts... I'd have to do some googling lol

Oh, my friend, come quickly to Skydrive :)

Actually, there's even a Skydrive iOS app you could move a bunch of stuff 'to the cloud' before you even get the Lumia. Though, if you want to backup texts... I'd have to do some googling lol

Really the only I need is to backup my texts. I can backup pics and everything else separately

iBackupBot

Available for Windows and Mac.

You basically extract parts of the iTunes backup of your iPhone.

Afaik you can export the SMS database to something more open like HTML.

Glassed Silver:mac