Smartglass app

Not really sure if this should go in here or in the Windows 8 section as it applies to both.

Has anyone got the SmartGlass app to work yet? I've got it installed on my laptop and the fall update applied on my Xbox but when I start the app it just closes again, no error messages or anything.

Can't really find anyone online with similar experiences so asking for help here...

Yup I've got one friend in the states who got it working. I uninstalled and reinstalled today just to be safe but still nothing. If it gave me an error I'd have an idea why it wasn't working but I get nada :(

I just got done giving it a try via my Windows Phone, works fine though I expect it'll work better on a Win8 tablet with the bigger screen.

• 2 weeks later...

you have your gamertag email singed into windows right? and have you enabled Xbox companion on the Xbox?

Yeah, I am getting gamerscore from minesweeper and jetpack joyride (love that game btw!) but still no joy from the smartglass app :/

• 2 weeks later...

Not to bring this thread back to life or anything but i was curious as to why the iOS SmartGlass app does not allow me to use my iphone keyboard to type, the box is just grayed out. At first i just thought this was because the keyboard functionality is only available through the ipad but i am unsure.

Not to bring this thread back to life or anything but i was curious as to why the iOS SmartGlass app does not allow me to use my iphone keyboard to type, the box is just grayed out. At first i just thought this was because the keyboard functionality is only available through the ipad but i am unsure.

There should be a message popping up saying you are unable to use the keyboard or browser control when connected to a different network. Sadly, with my tests it seems if you have one wired (your Xbox) and one wireless (your iPhone) on the same router it will think you're on different networks. I assume same goes for being connected on two different bands on the same router (ie one connected to G and the other to N).